Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M6 - Dublin to Galway Road Conditions

• 22-12-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

How's the road from Dublin to Galway? Should I expect delays travelling down tomorrow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I drove Athlone to Galway yesterday and that part of it was fine then, snowy but not slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I'm going the opposite way tomorrow, expecting things to get hairy from maybooth onwards.

You'll be grand from athlone anyway although I'd still take it handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

went from galway to dublin on citylink ...took 3.15 hrs, was rough outside lucan just...was ok from then in2 the city. that was the only problem on the journey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Miami Snow

Hi,
    We drove from Galway to Dublin earlier today and were fine up until Kinnegad, the roads were alright but the fast line was still pretty icey nearly the whole way, we got off at Kinnegad was dodgy then but the traffic was slow enough. Did see one bad crash though on the Enfield road.
    Took us about 3hrs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You were toll dodging on an unsalted ex N Road though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

• N6 in Galway City was ok this morning as were the other main roads that I used. Housing estates still very icy.
    • M6 Eastbound between Galway and Loughrea was fine. Both lanes clear of frost/ice.
    • M6 Eastbound between Loughrea and a few km West Athlone - some frost in Lane 2; Lane 1 was fine. Could still drive in Lane 2, just with extra care. Both lanes looked to have been treated but temperatures were as low as -13.5 Celcius in parts and traffic was not as heavy East of Loughrea so frost was starting to build again in Lane 2.
    • M6 Eastbound approaching Athlone (J13, Monksland) - Lane 2 had a good bit of frost/ice; everyone was driving in Lane 1 only.
    • N6 Athlone Bypass Eastbound - both lanes were clear of frost/ice once passed J13 (Monksland).

Just note that conditions on the two carriageways might be a little different - sun hitting one carriageway more than the other during the day or salting taking place at slightly different times on the two carriageways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

I'm heading down tomorrow morning (Dublin to Galway) so hopefully shouldn't be too bad. I'll report back here how I find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

A friend drove from Dublin to Galway this morning and said there was no major issues along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Galway to Dublin south suburbs in 5 hours, left at 11am. Part of the delay was due to Christmas shoppers in Galway and Dundrum. Didn't hit any major sloppy bits until the estates. Traffic south on m50 from m4 to exit13 was grand although very heavy snowy made visibility poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

I traveled from Galway to Finglas today. Left Galway at 2pm got to Finglas at 5pm. The overtaking lane was frosty in places but lane 1 was clear on the M6. Worst conditions were from Lucan in when it had snowed recently. Good luck with the journey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement