Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 HDMI audio "Not Plugged In"

• 22-12-2010 11:26pm

I really hope someone can help me out with this. We have a Philips CINEO and my laptop is a Samsung R530 with Windows 7. When we try and hook up the laptop to the TV via a HDMI cable, there is only sound coming from the laptop and not the TV. When I went to control panel -> sound under playback it says "HDMI Device Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI Not Plugged In".

Any ideas?

Posting here as I'm unsure if it's a problem with my laptop, the HDMI cable or the TV. Apologies if it's the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I have a similar issue with my laptop. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5650, and a Panasonic Viera TX-26LMD70 TV. When I log in to Windows 7, and connect the HDMI cable, the TV detects this, and switches to HDMI no problem. However, the audio will only play through the laptop, and the laptop's Sound Control Panel applet says that the HDMI Audio is "not plugged in". WTF!?

Anyway, as a temporary solution, reboot your machine, and connect the HDMI before Windows boots. The TV should then display the video and also play the audio.

I'm hoping that someone else might have a more permanent solution?

In the end I discovered that it was a faulty HDMI cable. Check if it's the same with yours.

Advertisement