Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post to UK not arrived after 13days

Options
  • 22-12-2010 11:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Sent a parcel to the Cambridge from Waterford on the 9th of December. Its now the 22nd. 13 days and it still hasn't arrived. Is it going to make it for Christmas? Could it haven gotten lost/stolen at this stage?

I would think its due to the snow but then it has only being snowing the last week and i sent a smaller parcel a few days after the 9th and it arrived a few days ago.

So confused, it really needs to get there before christmas day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is it registered? If it's not, then there's nothing you can do. If it is, then you can ask them to investigate it. You can also enter the tracking number on the Royal Mail website to see if it's there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

it says:

ITEM DESPATCHED FROM KILBARRACK DUBLIN 5 13-Dec-10

so i presume that means it left to go to uk on the 13 december ( 9 days ago)
    i tried the same track/trace number on the royal mail website and it didnt work

track and trace number is: <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Contact AnPost at customer.services@anpost.ie or on 1850 57 58 59, and after you give the 13 digit code, ask where is it? Mention that it doesn't appear as a valid reference number on the Royal Mail website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact An Post, and ask them to try and trace it.

I snipped the tracking number too, as you're best not posting that in public.

jor el wrote: »
    Contact An Post, and ask them to try and trace it.

I snipped the tracking number too, as you're best not posting that in public.

thanks for that,
    im going to drop them an email now for all the good that will do, they are probably massively busy right now.
    Nick

• Advertisement

actually will i be entitled for a refund for it taking so long? Or any compensation, the package was not registered or insured!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

actually will i be entitled for a refund for it taking so long? Or any compensation, the package was not registered or insured!
    nope, unregistered/uninsured

well i rang an post they told me it was with a company called fedex and gave me a tracking number which didnt work.

anpost then called them for me and said they are delivering it today as its in delivery van so fingers crossed and presents arrive.

thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

This is a pure guess, but maybe royal mail are so overloaded, that they've contracted FedEx to deliver some of their parcels.

Advertisement