Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf

Options
  • 23-12-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what stores in Dublin stock the Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf. Ideally I am looking for white with black skulls. Tried BT this evening but they only had two colours left and seemed to be twice the price I saw previously. I was expecting it to be around 175 euro mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

The only ones I'd seen were more than that, but they were the heavier style, netaporter says the silk ones are the price you expected. harvey nicks might have them but I've only seen them in BT. Too late to order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lainey316 wrote: »
    The only ones I'd seen were more than that, but they were the heavier style, netaporter says the silk ones are the price you expected. harvey nicks might have them but I've only seen them in BT. Too late to order online?

Harvey Nicks have them:Perhaps ring the Dundrum store to see if they have them too? Their online ordering service is quite poor, I've used it twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xmarch

Silk ones for 175 are still good I take it? :) They were 175 a month back with 20% off...not sure if that was good value or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I'm kind of baffled that these still be in stock anywhere.

This was part of the line that was in the shops when he passed away in February. There was a big rush on them the day after he was found, and many stores sold out. I'd say they're rarer then hen's teeth and possibly a great deal of people only bought them to sell them on on eBay, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gilly86

I bought a black silk one with nude colour skulls in BT's Dublin about 3 weeks ago for 175eur. There was loads of different colours there including black with white skulls but presume they sold out with the 20% off weekends.

The one I got was part of the new season collection and they had them put by in a drawer there.. I presume you asked the sales assistant but thought it worth a mention in case not :)

• Advertisement

More today in BT Cork than Sunday - mostly SS11, white on black was 226 I think. Death does not kill a brand.

Death does not kill a brand.

I did not say it killed a brand. You did not interpret my post correctly. I'm just surprised that it's still in production, being that it's such an "old" (in fashion terms) design :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

vibrant wrote: »
    I did not say it killed a brand. You did not interpret my post correctly. I'm just surprised that it's still in production, being that it's such an "old" (in fashion terms) design :rolleyes:

"Old" or "new classic" ;)

Apologies for not being telepathic :rolleyes: It has been part of the collection since 04, 05 IIRC - it was far from new in Feb, it's a staple of the line.

With something so popular, as an accessory, I'd fully expect such a design to be around for another few season especially with the designer not around t kill the golden goose when he gets bored of it - certainly not rarer than hens teeth, if SS 11 collection is anything to go by. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The skull scarf has been around for years! It will be in a good few collections yet.

• Advertisement

Apologies for not being telepathic :

Apology accepted :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm kind of baffled that these still be in stock anywhere.

This was part of the line that was in the shops when he passed away in February. There was a big rush on them the day after he was found, and many stores sold out. I'd say they're rarer then hen's teeth and possibly a great deal of people only bought them to sell them on on eBay, etc.

They were actually out a few years before he that, then there was a rush on them when he died as a kind of tribute. I see what you mean about an 'old' piece still being sold, I guess it's because they're recignisable as McQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

They sell them in Harvey nicks but there's no white with black skulls left at the minute but I expect they'll be back in stock in January's delivery. The white with black will always be in production because it's part of the permanent line..as is the black with cream skulls

Advertisement