Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is more difficult: N+ or Super Meat Boy

Options
  • 23-12-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Article was done up on Kotaku with some statistics (though they can't prove everything):
    N+ Statistics
    Release Date - February 20, 2008
    Total Registered N+ Players On Xbox Live - 404,014
    Total Registered N+ Players Who Have Completed The Final Level (Episode 49) - 8,901
    Percent of Total Registered Users Who Have Completed The Final Level (Episode 49) - 2.20%

Super Meat Boy Statistics
    Release Date - October 20, 2010
    Total Registered Super Meat Boy Players On Xbox Live - 111,274
    Total Registered Super Meat Boy Players Who Have Completed The Final Level (7-20X) - 1,163
    Percent of Total Registered Users Who Have Completed The Final Level (7-20X) - 1.04%

So what do you believe?

Personally, I think N+ is harder. The block structure means you have to complete five levels at a time, it can be more punishing, isn't as cute and doesn't have the compiled replay factor to keep you pushing on...

Also, I have taken to playing SMB with friends - as a cooperative effort, everyone gets together, has a laugh and points out others failings (while taking a break from the stress).

Because N+ has built in multiplayer, it is stress for all.

Also, I just completed The Kid's warpzone - very VERY difficult...but I got there. And I found that I wanted to play (I switched the game off immediately after....but still!).

Despite it's frustrations, I go back to SMB and I am in "The End". Haven't played N+ in a while.....but everytime I do I realise why I put it down.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think N+ is harder (mainly because the controls are worse). I hated doing those wall climbs.

In SMB, the controls are tight (some of the most precise I've seen this year). If you die, it is 100% your fault and its because of your lack of skill. You can't blame the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I fúcking love N+ Like with a passion.

I deffo think it was harder than SMB. That being said, I don't think i'd be able for either

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's very very close - I really couldn't call it definately but if I was put on the spot I'd say parts of SMB were harder but N+ as a whole was harder,
    Both are perfect and to say the N+ controls are anything less than fantastic is erroneous in my opinion.

Advertisement