Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU Interview

• 23-12-2010 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have been invited to interview for DCU Teacher Training Course.

I have no idea what format this takes or what kind of questions they will ask.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Choclolate

Its for Maths and Science teaching, - if that makes a difference to the interview.

Also if you did an interview, how long does it normally take to get an offer / or rejection after the interviews finish.

Ball Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddymick_2000

I got called too.

Any advice greatly recieved. Very hard to find anything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Pee F

Hey guys, just wondering if ye heard anything or have done the interview for DCU yet? Whats it like?? Any advice is much appreciated - thanks

Pee

Havent heard anything.

Hope they dont test you in Maths.

Choclolate wrote: »
    Havent heard anything.

Hope they dont test you in Maths.

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering how ye got on today? Was it just me or was it really quick?!!

Pee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Pee F wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Just wondering how ye got on today? Was it just me or was it really quick?!!

Pee

It was REALLY quick. Hard to know how I got on because it was so quick.

very quick,

Did bad interview because of the rush factor.

Roll on TCD interviews whenever they are.

When does Maynooth etc release their offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Little Drummer Boy

Hi guys have to agree with you 100%. Really hard to guage how well or not so well i did!! due to the time constraints, It honestly felt like i was in they asked me my name and that was that.
    Anybody heard from them yet???

Not heard yet

Not heard yet

Hey guys, Any news yet from DCU? Any idea when NUIG offers are out??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 miralheti

I did interview on the 9th Feb and was told it would be six weeks before they offer places.

miralheti wrote: »
    I did interview on the 9th Feb and was told it would be six weeks before they offer places.
    As far as I was told it was to be this week at the latest?? That's what I was told when I asked the two chaps doing the interview!!:confused:

As far as I was told it was to be this week at the latest?? That's what I was told when I asked the two chaps doing the interview!!:confused:

Oh really so you think we might know tomorrow?? God its eating me - Wish they would just tell us!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 miralheti

I wonder when the offers were issued in 2010?

miralheti wrote: »
    I wonder when the offers were issued in 2010?

I emailed DCU and they said that they would update the offfers the first week of March to keep an eye on your e-mail account and check the website.. So fingers crossed! :D

I havent heard anything yet.

Anyone who find oyt can you PM and Ill PM you if I hear.

Following a review by Faculty, you have been placed on a waiting list. In the event that a place becomes available you will be notified. Further Information Please check your PAC account in April.

So no I assume

Following a review by Faculty, you have been placed on a waiting list. In the event that a place becomes available you will be notified. Further Information Please check your PAC account in April.

So no I assume

I got the same load of ****e - gutted

Pee F wrote: »
    I got the same load of ****e - gutted

Has any one actually ever been lucky on the second round offers???

Mine has not been updated yet? Strange!

• Advertisement

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Mine has not been updated yet? Strange!

You probably got a place so, maybe give PAC a call and see..

I did my interview on the Friday, the different interview teams may not be making their decisions at the same time, I'd guess.

Did my interview on the Tuesday afternoon, Heard from them today and luckily got a place on the course. Commiserations to those of you who didn't get a place and good luck to those who haven't heard yet:)

Did my interview on the Tuesday afternoon, Heard from them today and luckily got a place on the course. Commiserations to those of you who didn't get a place and good luck to those who haven't heard yet:)

Congrats, Can I just ask those of you who did get a place, did ye have teaching experience or anything?- I don`t and thought my interview was pretty ok, just wondering on how I can improve if I go for it again next year..

Thanks Pee

I did, I taught TEFL for a year abroad, but you dont have to go down that road. a friend of mine volunteers in our old secondary school 2 days a week for a couple of hours and I'm sure they'd recognise that

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edel_C

Hi I have an interview for the hdip in history. If any one has done this interview could you give me an idea of the types of questions asked plz

I did the interview last year. They asked why I wanted to be a teacher and a few more general questions. They asked how you would deal with a a group of students messing in class also.

Entrance to this diploma really depends on how much experience you have almost totally I'd say. I didn't get offered a place as I had very little experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pjfogarty

edel_C wrote: »
    Hi I have an interview for the hdip in history. If any one has done this interview could you give me an idea of the types of questions asked plz

Hi edel,i have done this course,basically if you want to get a place,then you must put across in the interview how much you like teaching and how well you get on with the students.This can be a hard point to get across if you have no experience to date.If you have no experience then make the point that you enjoy helping others,and also mention any work you have done with teenagers and explain how it went.Without experience you have to find a way to make them know that teaching is what you want to do,and not just for money

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edel_C

Thanks a million for the tips :)
    pjfogarty wrote: »
    edel_C wrote: »

Hi edel,i have done this course,basically if you want to get a place,then you must put across in the interview how much you like teaching and how well you get on with the students.This can be a hard point to get across if you have no experience to date.If you have no experience then make the point that you enjoy helping others,and also mention any work you have done with teenagers and explain how it went.Without experience you have to find a way to make them know that teaching is what you want to do,and not just for money

• Advertisement
Advertisement