Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing Tobacco In Ireland

Options
  • 23-12-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone, this is something I've been wondering for a while, and it's a two part question:

a) Is it legal for me to grow smokable tobacco for personal use without a licence in Ireland and if so where can I purchase such seeds?

b) Assuming that I have a glass house, how does one go about growing said tobacco?

Much thanks in advance,

Baltar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Hello everyone, this is something I've been wondering for a while, and it's a two part question:

a) Is it legal for me to grow smokable tobacco for personal use without a licence in Ireland and if so where can I purchase such seeds?

b) Assuming that I have a glass house, how does one go about growing said tobacco?

Much thanks in advance,

Baltar

Smoking forum, they have a thread on it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055951898

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dr. Baltar wrote: »

Much thanks in advance,

Baltar

Start the seed on moist compost..don tcover the seeds.
    Germination doesnt take very long.

when they're two inches or so across transport them to a sunny spot in a well-fertilised garden..they love plenty of muck.

Leave them alone and they'll grow like weeds producing heavily-filled seedheads from which you can grow next years crop.

Tobacco takes no looking after and all they ask is well fertilised soil and a sunny or bright location.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

the tobacco seed company.co.uk 5 pounds for 100 delivered to your house in five days grow on the window in april move out to glass house when strong easy to grow watch out for caterpillers when harvesting little fe''ers well destroy the crop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

2x1000 seeds of Burley and Samsoun for £2
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/harald1946/m.html

Advertisement