Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tim Cahill. £1.75Million

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dempsey wrote: »
    He has a Champions League Winner's Medal despite not playing one minute of UCL football that season.

So now Tim Cahill is being criticised for not playing at a top 4 team, and Greening is being criticised for staying and trying to fight for a place in the squad of the European Champions.

I love this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But you think he'd get into the Real Madrid team ahead of the others listed above? Since you believe Ronaldo, Kaka and Di Maria are "fancy names" correct?

When was Kaka's last good season? As far as I'm concerned he's been living off the 06/07 season and hasnt performed in a high profile match since then for club or country.

I have Cahill over Khedira without question. Flip a coin between him and Ozil.

Do you really think that Di Maria and Ronaldo are even valid in this argument as they are primarily wingers? I dont.

Name dropping exercise FTW I suppose! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Like who?

top of my head:

paul mcgrath
    eric cantona
    sami hyppia
    nicolas anelka (to arsenal)
    brad friedel (to blackburn)
    david james (to pompey)
    di canio (to west ham)
    lescott (to everton)
    solskjaer
    poyet (to chelsea)

So now Tim Cahill is being criticised for not playing at a top 4 team, and Greening is being criticised for staying and trying to fight for a place in the squad of the European Champions.

I love this forum!

Greening said himself that he felt like a fraud getting that medal. I dont think Cahill would move to be a squad player even if it got him medals is the point.

Greening said himself that he felt like a fraud getting that medal. I dont think Cahill would move to be a squad player even if it got him medals is the point.

As any footballer would, but why criticise him for being there? He was at Europe's biggest club and fighting for a place.

When was Kaka's last good season? As far as I'm concerned he's been living off the 06/07 season and hasnt performed in a high profile match since then for club or country.

I have Cahill over Khedira without question. Flip a coin between him and Ozil.

Do you really think that Di Maria and Ronaldo are even valid in this argument as they are primarily wingers? I dont.

Name dropping exercise FTW I suppose! :rolleyes:

So what you're saying here is, Real Madrid already have players as good. So he wouldn't improve the team at all, never mind be a "star".

So what you're saying here is, Real Madrid already have players as good. So he wouldn't improve the team at all, never mind be a "star".

Did I not say that he'd be in the team before Khedira? So that would be improving them :rolleyes:

Why did you name drop all those Real Madrid wingers when talking about a player that isnt and never has been a winger??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He has a Champions League Winner's Medal despite not playing one minute of UCL football that season.

He was 20 when he won that trying to break through in a team full of Internationals. It was also his first season there. He can't really be accused of hanging around to win trophies. He left two years after that when it became aware to him that his playing time was limited at that club. I think using Jonathan Greening was a piss poor example tbh

Domo-kun wrote: »
    He was 20 when he won that trying to break through in a team full of Internationals. It was also his first season there. He can't really be accused of hanging around to win trophies. He left two years after that when it became aware to him that his playing time was limited at that club. I think using Jonathan Greening was a piss poor example tbh

I didnt imply that, I implied that he won medals he didnt feel like he earned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Did I not say that he'd be in the team before Khedira? So that would be improving them :rolleyes:

Why did you name drop all those Real Madrid wingers when talking about a player that isnt and never has been a winger??

Cahill and Khedira are totally different. Khedira is a deep lying, traditional central midfielder. Cahill is playing virtually on the shoulder of the strikers. They occupy totally different areas of the pitch and have completely different attributes. Ozil is playing in his position at the minute and obviously Cahill would not play instead of him. There is a massive gulf between them. Ditto Kaka and Cahill too.

Don't get me wrong, Cahill is a decent player but he is not as good as Ozil. He is probably at his level at Everton now.

• Advertisement

I listed Midfielders and Attacking Midfielders. Tim Cahill is an Attacking Midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Has any big club even made a bid for cahill

niallo27 wrote: »
    Has any big club even made a bid for cahill

By the way, I like Cahill, he's a good player. But let's not get carried away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Like who?
    Seamus Coleman 60k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Cahill would be a great signing for Man United. He would get the nod ahead of Fletcher and Carrick IMO. He deserves some silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Khedira and Ozil aren't wingers. They're central midfielders, same position as Cahill. Khedira and Cahill are close but different types of players Khedira is better defensively, Cahill better attacking, but Ozil is a better player without doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Cahill would be a great signing for Man United. He would get the nod ahead of Fletcher and Carrick IMO. He deserves some silverware.

He would not be good enough in a 2 man central midfield, it would not suit his abilities at all. He is closer to a shadow striker than a central midfielder. He wouldn't know how to control a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd love to see tim cahill playing for the super spurs , toffees got a good un there

Advertisement