Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start Christmas shopping?

• 23-12-2010 2:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭

I'm rubbish at buying presents and coupled with the fact that I broke my arm recently I haven't got around to buying any presents for anyone. I'm in Dublin and the places I'm contemplating going are Dundrum, the nearest Off-Licence or Town. Dundrum is a death trap by all accounts with people stranded because of icy conditions on a hill or something and people having to actually sleep in the shopping center, Town requires a 3 hour bus journey both in and out, where as walking would only take half an hour, only I don't fancy walking on the icy with a relatively weak arm in case I slip and do more damage to it. Then there's the thought of the walk home with Christmas shopping. The last option is shopping for Christmas presents locally which means a couple of expensive bottles of wine or whiskey for people which would really make for shite presents.

Someone please reassure me that this can be done, offer suggestions or decide for me. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

well if you can get the luas or a bus to dundrum you don't need to worry about getting stuck with a car. Was down there yesterday on foot. People are still driving/parking there but personally I wouldn't.
    If you bring a backpack then you reduce the amount you'll be carrying in your arms, leaving them free for balance. I've to get grocery shopping today & thats what I'll be doing. Just be very careful out as tis slippy around there due to walking traffic.

Re:town, if you'd a lend of skiing/hiking sticks you could trek to town- again with backpack.

Or expensive local

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Warronh

Bottles of wine and whiskey make good gifts when warpped and packed in a gift basket. But this is too common... You can also do your Christmas shopping online, which will avoid the strain and the risk of going out in the cold and you can purchase variety of gifts. You can buy cologne, electronics, etc for men, sports accessories or virtual goods like Ultimate Points, WarpPortal Energy (which are the passport to all sorts of online game items), household things or beauty products for women and so on.

Merry Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thing about shopping online this late is it probably won't get delivered in time for Christmas.
    Even in Tesco yesterday I heard a manager talking via the phone to a customer saying they couldn't deliver her online shopping due to the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Warronh

Ohhh!:confused:

Advertisement