Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will gamestop or the like take a slightly damaged console

• 23-12-2010 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

My xbox took a bit of a knock over the summer, it still plays games fine but every once and a while when you try to load it disc it says that the disc could not be read, all you have to do is eject the disc put it back in and it will play fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They'll take it as long as the disc is read. Unfortunately, some poor guy is going to be stuck with a dodgy Xbox when they buy it. If you are going to trade it in, please wait until after Christmas because I have these visions of someone getting an Xbox for Christmas and being stuck with your defective piece of crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Lol thank you, I will be waiting until after Christmas. So no worries there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

If you broke it you should pay to get it fixed not trade it in hoping they won't notice it's broken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Yeah, I think alot of people forget it's the next buyer of the damaged console that gets screwed over far more than the corporation. Sure, if the buyer has his/her receipt they'll be alright but some people will lose them or throw them out, expecting it to work, and will be shagged when it eventually fails after a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yea its bad form...

Xluna wrote: »
    Yeah, I think alot of people forget it's the next buyer of the damaged console that gets screwed over far more than the corporation. Sure, if the buyer has his/her receipt they'll be alright but some people will lose them or throw them out, expecting it to work, and will be shagged when it eventually fails after a couple of days.

Anyone who throws away a receipt when they buy a console is just foolish...

• Advertisement

Okay people chillax, I was just wondering, I don't even know where I would go to get the bloody thing fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

they would take it if it loaded the game when they test it BUT of course you'll be giving your dodgy console to someone else who will pay alot more than what u traded it in for.
    even though gamestop will have to give a year guarantee to the person buying it its still not fair really. why not try selling it on adverts or done deal and explain whats wrong. plus gamestop will offer you no more than 20 quid if its a 20 gb and feck all more for bigger HDD's
    you'd still prob get more on one of them even when you explain whats wrong

Thanks for the input. I mat actually do that as opposed to the gamestop idea. It is 120GB and it's actually under a year old. Other than not reading the disc sometimes it's in good condition. I don't think it would take much to fix because after you eject it after getting the message and close the disc drive again the game plays without any issue whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I mat actually do that as opposed to the gamestop idea. It is 120GB and it's actually under a year old. Other than not reading the disc sometimes it's in good condition. I don't think it would take much to fix because after you eject it after getting the message and close the disc drive again the game plays without any issue whatsoever.

is it under guarantee?
    did you self damage it or is it something that goes wrong. i know i found my xbox doesnt read games alot of the time or cuts off saying cant read disk and i wouldnt consider this as "broken" just dodgy:rolleyes:(it hate loading black ops)

garv123 wrote: »
    is it under guarantee?
    did you self damage it or is it something that goes wrong. i know i found my xbox doesnt read games alot of the time or cuts off saying cant read disk and i wouldnt consider this as "broken" just dodgy:rolleyes:(it hate loading black ops)

It is under guarantee but I did the damage. I would think the same about the broken part as it loads most of the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement