Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

What airport is he at? There's still availability on a BMI flight to Belfast City from heathrow this afternoon. If he's at Heathrow he could get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Thanks guys...looking into the bmi one now. Any airport within about 4 hours of London will do at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DublinBkBrowser

I'm sick after my bros flight being cancelled from Nantes to Dublin when both airports were operating and open (Ryanair obviously had more important customers to look after as it was diverted to Beauvais)

Then I make a last dash attempt to get him here by TGV and Plane at CDG, he was on a later flight tonight and he managed to get on the waiting list for an earlier afternoon flight, it was the first flight to be cancelled after previous ones took off.
    :mad::(:(:(

Mother nature you fickle bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

my flight out was cancelled. i think they just didn't have the planes to cope with the routes. bo llocks!!! won't get out till the 26 or the 27 for 5 times the price now and a very roundabout route!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Still waiting for my sister to get in, then a drive to Wexford
    Just saw this...
    #IWO Now we have a large flock of geese at Runway 28.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Anyone know why there has been so many cancellations today to and from Dublin Airport?
    http://flights.dublinairport.com/departures.asp

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Anyone know why there has been so many cancellations today to and from Dublin Airport?
    http://flights.dublinairport.com/departures.asp

Combination of circumstances, none of them helpful. Some of the aircraft were in the wrong places, and had to be got back to Dublin, and there will have been restrictions on those movements due to stand availability at Dublin, and crew minimum rest periods. That delayed the start of the day in some cases.

There have also been problems at a number of other airports with weather, and that has caused delays, which then have a knock on effect.

Several airports have problems with de icing, Brussels ran out of deicing chemical earlier in the week, and Ryanair were having problems with non availability of deicing fluid for the aircraft at some of their destinations, and Shannon also ran out. In some cases, that's not the airline's fault, it's the handling agent that is responsible for deicing, and the equipment and the chemicals, and I know from experience that in some cases, the reliability of the equipment from one of the handling agents at Dublin used to be very variable!

Then something simple like an unservicable tyre after landing in Rome meant an aircraft had to wait there overnight for spares to come in on today's flight, so that aircraft was out of action for over 27 hours.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Thanks Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Just saw an item on BBC news a few minutes ago about the airport chaos throughout Europe - Brussels, Dusseldorf, Paris etc, it didn't think it was worth mentioning the disruption at Dublin Airport despite the busy traffic between here and the Uk.
    For any one who's interested the item informed us that visibility is down to 200 meters at Wrocklaw Airport!!!

Advertisement