Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I do? Rather urgent!

• 23-12-2010 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

We are getting our Living Room kind of done up which meant I had to disconnect the Sky HD box. I did so no problem.

As I said in another thread, I am hoping to get rid of Sky and I already have a Freesat box which I will get set up soon.

However, someone in the house insisted I reconnected the Sky for one more night as I didnt have the Freesat box set up.

But, as I was reconnecting the two cable's that come from the actual satellite dish into the back of the box, one of the little pins bent! It's that long since I reconnected the Sky box I forget you had to line them up them put them in the space. The pin in the other cable also appears to be bent although I didnt try to force that pin in so it appears it was like that.

So what do I do now? Should I ring an engineer to come out? I do remember the Sky helpdesk telling me the were delicate but my mate who knows a bit about that king of thing reckons I should straighten them. So all I want of you guys is a second opinion.

For the record, I'll only need one for the Freesat HD box. I will connect it later all going well.

Comments

Advertisement