Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great shop for stocking fillers

• 23-12-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Popped into a new shop on O'Connell St called Brand Avenue.

Was great for stocking fillers for the girlfriend and sisters.

Had great selection of Ciate and Urban Decay items - 3 for €10 and 2 Benefit eye shadows for €10.

Bulked out their presents nicely!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

They're hardly real at those prices are they?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love TK Maxx for stocking fillers, when you get to have a good root around you will always find something for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Yeah they def are real.

One of the girls who accompanied me works in the Beauty market and couldnt believe it either.

I believe benefit changed the packaging of their eye shadow recently and hence the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Excuse my ignorance then.

that's great :P Fair play to ya for spottin that! She'll be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I dunno... I find it really hard to believe that you'd get 2 authentic Benefit eye shadows for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I saw a few in my chemist today and they were €4.50! I've never actually bought Benefit eye shadow, but from Googling, the boxes seem to be the exact same. I know you can't tell just from the box, but they looked pretty good. Maybe I should buy for one for "research"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee. wrote: »
    I saw a few in my chemist today and they were €4.50! I've never actually bought Benefit eye shadow, but from Googling, the boxes seem to be the exact same. I know you can't tell just from the box, but they looked pretty good. Maybe I should buy for one for "research"...

Wow! On the Benefit website, the eye shadows are $18. I've no idea what that is in euro, but definitely more than 4.50. That's crazy, I'd buy 'em to check it out too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

TK Maxx do Benefit eyeshadows for €3. Given, they're pretty basic colours; browns, rusts, creams.. but still! That shop is actually brilliant for little makeup presents, Jodie (or Gemma? Whichever one is the makeup artist!) Kidd does lovely sets for different skin types with blushes, eyeshadows and stuff, and you can get them pretty cheap in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Heatons had a few benefit eyeshadows for €4 before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Yea no the presents went down real well.

I can only imagine what their prices will be in January!

• Advertisement
Advertisement