Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 sq T&E: size of cpc?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

defo a 10 i asked supplier:)

sure it's way too big to be a 6

and there's no way a 6sq MPC would be allowed even on 16sqt+e

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GreySquirrel

M cebee wrote: »
    defo a 10 i asked supplier:)

sure it's way too big to be a 6

and there's no way a 6sq MPC would be allowed even on 16sqt+e

Good man, you got out to the van.

Maybe it's just UK cables that are 6 sq cpc?

Looking at some of their forums, they seem to have to be singles from the meter, and mostly 25 sq and 16 sq MPC. They seem to have a wide variety of supply. TN-C, TN-C-S and TT.

They also have interesting discussions about what is a "competent" person.

There was no consensous as to what is competent but the judge would decide that you were not compotent if you blew up the boiler or burnt down the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its always been 10 on any i used anyway. Im surprised to see it listed in them links with 6 sq though. It will look smaller anyway with no insulation on it when the T&E is stripped.

ya they have a few different supply types in the uk

i would think the 16sq t+e is manufactured with either 6sq or 10sq cpc

but supplied here with the 10sq

There was no consensous as to what is competent but the judge would decide that you were not compotent if you blew up the boiler or burnt down the house.

I would say a fully competent person could do any of the above though. Unless he was a fully competent flawlessly perfect person.

• Advertisement

you mean the pope robbie:)

M cebee wrote: »
    you mean the pope robbie:)

Yes thats who would be competent and flawless even if he did burn down the house:D

Advertisement