Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me & UPC: Giving a little credit where it's due

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

While I'm not overly happy about the price increase, it gave me the opertunity to get rid of the phone and downgrade to a more suitable broadband package all without penalty. What really suprised me was even after doing this, I enquired about getting a swap for a hd box and an extra standard box for one of the rooms, there was no problems there and the €60 activation fee was waived. Not a bad result! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'm extremely delighted to hear positive feedback about any service. Theres so many horror stories on the web about so many BB providers, but bear in mind that if someone is happy enough with a service, they generally dont need to say anything to anyone, let alone praise them.

I work in customer service for a different major broadband provider, and while I hear 100's of stories a day about dodgy broadband, I never hear anyone praising the people behind the scenes.

The countless bad experiences outweigh the good experiences. Remember that when you're choosing your next BB provider. If every customer is having a bad problem, and the company are really that bad, then how do you think they are still in business? ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

roast wrote: »
    I'm extremely delighted to hear positive feedback about any service. Theres so many horror stories on the web about so many BB providers, but bear in mind that if someone is happy enough with a service, they generally dont need to say anything to anyone, let alone praise them.

I work in customer service for a different major broadband provider, and while I hear 100's of stories a day about dodgy broadband, I never hear anyone praising the people behind the scenes.

Unfortunately many people's reservations about UPC stem from the behaviour as a company and their general lack of integrity as distinct from service issues (about which people may have issues too of course).

I have summed up some of my reservations here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69811166&postcount=189

How can any company claim to the honest with its customers when it does not inform at least 600,000 of them of an imminent price increase?
    The countless bad experiences outweigh the good experiences. Remember that when you're choosing your next BB provider. If every customer is having a bad problem, and the company are really that bad, then how do you think they are still in business? ;)

People are entitled to good service. That's exactly what they are paying good money for. And I am sure many of us wonder how some of the companes are still in business!

The bb industry actually needs a good shaking up from Comreg. So called unlimited products should be banned. Terms and Conditions should not be used to bury basic information such as caps. Disgraceful behaviour like Vodafone's recent dismissal of customers for interferring too much with the network should not be tolerated. And customers should be entitled without question to personal notice of increases in pricing or changes in Terms and Conditions. It is also laughable that a company can dictate to customers what they are downloading without providing them with a mechanism to measure it.

Customers should be entitled to know exactly what they are paying for at all times and not have try and mind read the management of a company to decipher what interfering with a network might mean!

dub45 wrote: »
    Unfortunately many people's reservations about UPC stem from the behaviour as a company and their general lack of integrity as distinct from service issues (about which people may have issues too of course).

I have summed up some of my reservations here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69811166&postcount=189

How can any company claim to the honest with its customers when it does not inform at least 600,000 of them of an imminent price increase?

I totally agree with you on this point, it is indeed dishonest, and its pretty disgraceful that UPC would do that. My only point is that in a general sense (not specifically UPC) its just nice to hear some good feedback for any company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone receive the new speeds yet?

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »

Been considering getting it myself, but the download cap is disappointing. I do, however, have a friend who has signed up for the 100mbps line, and its consistently hitting between 95-99mbps download speed, and in his current location, getting a nice ping speed of 12ms to the Dublin speedtest server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

I meant speed upgrades rather than 100mb, people already posted about that.

I got the upgrade anyway, 20/2 - more like 20/1.5

/\/ollog wrote: »

I got it today, upgraded from 8192/1024 to 10240/1024. Had to reboot my modem to allow it to download the new config file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

1097230094.png

this is mine just now was always 14.xx on 15mb package before

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Also got mine speed upgrade, Now D/L at 2.2mb on jdownloader from hotfile by the way too. I too was on the previous 15mb package

• Advertisement
Advertisement