Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced download speed

• 23-12-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Over the last number of days I've noticed that my average download speed has dropped from ~800kB/s to ~500kB/s

Any feedback on why this might be happening? :confused:

Speedtest:
    1082109101.png

Modem information:
    Download Upload
    8128Kb 827Kb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

jor el wrote: »

My download speeds are the same pretty much all day every day.. I really doubt the lines are congested at 2am..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it would be helpful if we had a little more information about your situation.

your ISP, your PC setup, wired or wireless, times of day it happens, anything that you might be doing when you notice it happens, anything that may have changed recently in your locality, stuff like that.

there's a million things that could be going wrong, so any info you could give to narrow down the possibilities would help immensely.

Advertisement