Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry - any way to change the default internet browser?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

The Blackberry browser isn't really that good or particularly fast so I installed Opera and it's lightining fast in comparison.

However, anytime I try to open a link from an email my BB keeps using the inbuilt browser. Is there a way to get it to use Opera as the default?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

r3nu4l wrote: »
    The Blackberry browser isn't really that good or particularly fast so I installed Opera and it's lightining fast in comparison.

However, anytime I try to open a link from an email my BB keeps using the inbuilt browser. Is there a way to get it to use Opera as the default?
    I don't know how you can change it to automatically use Opera, but if you have Opera installed and you click the BB button when at a link, you can click on "Open in Opera" in the sub menu

Or you could upgrade to OS6...the BB browser is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

What BB are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Storm 2 :) It's a work phone. Have it 8 months no problems so far.

Something like this might be worth a try http://www.bbhybrids.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1561

you may brick your phone doing this

im after realising that those are OS5 based hybrids >_>

edit: actually im not sure...

• Advertisement
Advertisement