Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Cavan, what are the roads like?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the roads are like between Dublin and Cavan? Hoping I will be able to get home from Dublin tomorrow, it's pretty snowy here in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Left Belturbet in Cavan for Bettystown yesterday, hadnt been any fresh snow since friday. Roads weren't too bad but would suggest doing it in daylight and not rush hour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

So it's just getting out of Dublin then realy thats gonna be the worst. Plan on leaving before 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Yeah the main roads in Cavan are grand. Dublin is your only worry. Are you taking the M3 or the old n3? cause Im not sure about Dunshaughlin and Navan them roads might not the best but nothing compared to Dublin.

I usually go up the N2 and into Navan (cause it's a lot less boring of a drive) but i think i'll go motorway tomorrow, with the presumption it will be the safest

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well my experience (I do the Virginia-Dublin run every day) has been that the N/M3 inbound is fine till you get to the new dual carriageway where it then depends on how much snow there's been, as they aren't bothering to grit the outside lane.

Watch out for heavy black ice in shaded areas, and the stretch around the Johnstown exit is always prone to problems, be it lots of surface water in heavy rain or bad ice etc.

The Blanch bypass hasn't been great lately either.

• Advertisement

Drove home yest, drumcondra to blanch took over an hr. Roads around Blanch weren't great, cleared further on. Was a bit careful for black ice alright but generally it was grand to drive, it's at its worst in/around Dublin!

Advertisement