Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingerbread house disaster

Options
  • 23-12-2010 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hey, was making a gingerbread hoiuse with my niece..we do it every year..this year it fell aprt however and now I have a very upset 10yr on my hands!! has anyone any ideas on how I can salvage the broken hse into something else or jus some ideas on what I can do in general to cheer her up? No water in the house either pipes are frozen so the whole family have to pile into one house later this evening...my hubby to be is refusing and says he wont have a drink all over xmas and drive home to a waterless house where I cant shower or anything..so stressed right now. hubby to be isnt the most sociable around my family minus alcohol!! :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uhh sounds like hubby to be needs to be a bit more accomdating..Sure leave him at home if he wants and you head away...See how long he last :D

Can you not make up some icing to cover the cracks and rebuild the house or cook off more gingerbread...You could if you didnt want to bake make a nice ginger based cake. If you crumbled up the ginger bread and got some condensed milk or toffee and make a banoffie pie thing. Or just use whipped cream

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just tell her that it's gone into Nama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I think dunnes were selling ginger bread houses last week maybe you could ring around local bakers and see if they have any, or as previous poster said how about icing over the cracks and using loads of sweets to cover it up. As for your hubby2b he sounds like a bigger kid than the 10yr old:). Is it possible to get your hands on a few large 10 or 20 ltr drums fill them with water in other house bring them home top up tank in attic and have a shower, thats what we did when water went. Anyway take a deep breath and relax enjoy yourself and let who ever wants to moan moan!!

Advertisement