Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my credit interest going to be?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Due to my own dumbassiness, I'm going to have to pay interest on my Tesco credit card payment for this month. The APR is 19.1% but I have no idea how to work out how much I'll owe. The payment was due 20/12, but the money didn't leave my account until sometime on the 21st.

So I need to figure out about how much interest they're going to charge on €x for 2 days at 19.1%. I rang the cc company, but they were useless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

corblimey wrote: »
    Due to my own dumbassiness, I'm going to have to pay interest on my Tesco credit card payment for this month. The APR is 19.1% but I have no idea how to work out how much I'll owe. The payment was due 20/12, but the money didn't leave my account until sometime on the 21st.

So I need to figure out about how much interest they're going to charge on €x for 2 days at 19.1%. I rang the cc company, but they were useless.

Not enough detail.
    Looks like they will charge you a months interest at 19.1/12=1.6% approx on the amount that was on your statement.
    So 1.6 euro for every hundred euro that you owed on your previous statement plus a late payment fee (or not, depending on your t&c's).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It'll work out at about 0.048% per day. It's negligible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Sean_K wrote: »
    It'll work out at about 0.048% per day. It's negligible.
    The op didnt make a payment by due date.
    There will be interest on all monies owed.
    Its not just 2 days.

Advertisement