Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Paint

• 23-12-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

I bought a bucket of paint in BnQ last week (matt emulsion).
    Was just ready to paint,got the paint from the shed and its frozen solid :eek:
    Of course..water based paint..bound to happen!
    Anyway,has anyone any idea will it thaw out ok? Any way to speed up the process? Or is it a lost cause? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

chucken1 wrote: »
    I bought a bucket of paint in BnQ last week (matt emulsion).
    Was just ready to paint,got the paint from the shed and its frozen solid :eek:
    Of course..water based paint..bound to happen!
    Anyway,has anyone any idea will it thaw out ok? Any way to speed up the process? Or is it a lost cause? :confused:

Should be fine when it thaws, unless it states it on the side of the can. Let it thaw normally though, don't try to speed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Howya - I took a tin of paint out of the shed earlier this year, it must have frozen in the last "event" because the solids and the liquids had separated. I gave it a quick try to mix it up, but gave up after a (quite a short) while, it didn't feel like it was going to mix again. Also, I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't look great on the walls!!! I'd say it's gone, but others may have different experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Thanks for the replies :). Ive left in in the kitchen so we'll see how it goes.

So much for good intentions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Fill a bath with lukewarm water and plonk it in that, it will thaw a lot quicker.

Advertisement