Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game to get?

• 23-12-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a casual gamer and have asked a family member to get me a game this Christmas. I'm thinking about asking for Bloodstone (James Bond) but am unsure whether it's a good game or not.

Any other recommendations are welcome, and it would be great to know where is offering the best deals out there at the moment?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

I wouldnt get blood stone, its only average, what sort of games are you into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Haven't heard anything about that game, which is never good haha If you want a shooter maybe get Call of duty Black ops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well I'm gettin Undead Nightmare. Its gotten
    good reviews and Im easily amused so it will prob
    keep me entertained as I still play Red Dead Redemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    I wouldnt get blood stone, its only average, what sort of games are you into?

I used to be mad into racing games, but I have gotten pretty tired of them now. I remember playing the previous Bond games and thoroughly enjoying them, as I like those shooter sort of games.

I was having a look in the shops today and there was this recently released 18 rated game that looked real bloody on the cover (I can't remember the name, sorry) and it looked like something I'd like. For those who know what it is, is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

if you like shooters try bad company 2..

you said youre a casual gamer, so id recommend you get yourself some microsoft points and buy some of the arcade games..

Trials HD, Worms, Limbo, 3v3 NHL Arcade & Zombie Apocalypse are ones id recommend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I used to be mad into racing games, but I have gotten pretty tired of them now. I remember playing the previous Bond games and thoroughly enjoying them, as I like those shooter sort of games.

I was having a look in the shops today and there was this recently released 18 rated game that looked real bloody on the cover (I can't remember the name, sorry) and it looked like something I'd like. For those who know what it is, is it any good?

Was it Splatterhouse by chance? If so I'd avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sbkfan10

For racing/driving you can't beat Forza 3 and laps of the ring (Nordschleife)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

If you want a shooter, get Black Ops or Battlefield BC 2.
    If you want a sport game get FIFA 11 or Madden 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Korvanica wrote: »
    if you like shooters try bad company 2..

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.
    Moiph wrote: »
    Was it Splatterhouse by chance? If so I'd avoid.

Yeah, that was it. Cheers.
    sbkfan10 wrote: »
    For racing/driving you can't beat Forza 3 and laps of the ring (Nordschleife)

Already got it and bored of it.
    fjsanchez wrote: »
    If you want a shooter, get Black Ops or Battlefield BC 2.
    If you want a sport game get FIFA 11 or Madden 11

Thanks, I'll certainly look into that.

I'm not really a fan of sports games to be honest.

Advertisement