Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heaven Shall Burn

Options
  • 23-12-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Anyone like or listen to these guys? I hadnt heard of them until the last few days, but thats because I feel safe within my iTunes library and rarely venture outside of it :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

They are around for 13 or 14 years now, I know them from Germany. Quite good stuff, especially live on stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Been listening to them for a while.While they dont instantly grab you like some bands they definitly grow on you.I was kinda disappointed with their latest album tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Iv only watched live vids, tbh. Im impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have found them to be a bit hit and miss. This song is absolutely brilliant in my opinion. I only wish more of there stuff was this good:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I have to say im not gone on your man's vocal style. That really high pitched screamo shriek. To me it sounds like a slight distortion has been added in the studio too.....is that a metalcore thing or what?

He goes nice & low & powerfull on the live video in the OP @ about 17 seconds in, if he stuck to that id be more interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I noticed the distortion thing in the studio songs.. guess Ill be sticking to the live performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

For a "part time" band they've done pretty good for themselves over the years. I prefer the albums "deaf to Our Prayers" and "Antigone". The new album "Invictus" is decent enough from what I've listened to.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    a "part time" band
    What do you mean by this? Do the members play in other bands or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Malice_ wrote: »
    What do you mean by this? Do the members play in other bands or something?

They have full time jobs and take time out of work to tour and record afaik.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    They have full time jobs and take time out of work to tour and record afaik.
    Ah, how sensible of them :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement