Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artisteer 3.0 Beta Released

Options
  • 23-12-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure that I've seen Artisteer mentioned here before, I bought V2 last year when I was trying to help out a friend of mine with his site.

It's software aimed mainly at non professional folks who wouldn't be the most experienced with CSS, HTML or PHP, mostly for people who want their own Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal themes though it does much more, all the info is on their site.

http://www.artisteer.com/?p=news

I know you wont get the equivalent of a professionally designed site but if you can use Word then you should be able to get something reasonable and the cost might suit some posters here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Quite pricey considering there's plenty of free alternatives and the output isn't up to scratch imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Better learning it the hard way, will serve you very well in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

tricky D wrote: »
    Quite pricey considering there's plenty of free alternatives and the output isn't up to scratch imo.

I looked hard for those free alternatives and couldn't find any that could produce one off joomla or wordpress templates nearly as quickly, I'd be interested in them if you'd care to share.

Doocey wrote: »

I'd absolutely agree for anyone remotely interested in making any sort of career out of it but in my case I was helping out a pal (he paid for the software) and will probably finish up doing a WP site for a local club over the next while.

I'd suggest to anyone interested, download the trial, play with it for a while and see if you think it's worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Well I for one are a fan of this software ... but yes agreed 1000%

In my case I was throwing together 200 one page backlink sites for a client via a multisite interface...it was the the perfect tool (and most cost effective) tool for a very cheap job.(which led to other higher paid ones)

The output might not be great as it stands, but if you can clean up and customize the code it can produce decent enough site designs, changing around module positions, cutsom images etc is better done manually.. but for creating a bones site it does the trick.

On a day to day basis its a great way to bounce around live ideas / color schemes to clients on a live site without spending too much time on customizing color schemes and code for jobs that I may or may not get.

Its paid for itself over n' over

my 2 cents

Advertisement