Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend - Got my a Atari 7800

• 23-12-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone, :pac:Happy Christmas to all:pac:

I just "came across" my Christmas present and did the honorable thing, took a sneak peek inside the wrapping paper. :pac:

Carefully peeling it back, I saw a 7800 Atari box. I also saw, what must be like 20 games, the first two I saw were Pressure Cooker and Frost Bite, my favs from the 2600. Heard the car pulling up so had to hide the Parcel again:D

This will add nicely to my already growing Retro collection. Me thinks that I will be up earlier than my Daughter Christmas morning, can’t wait...

P.S It was wrapped with Space Invaders wrapping paper...how thoughtful :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

awh!! that's lovely! I hope you didn't buy her socks or something equally as unimaginitive? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    awh!! that's lovely! I hope you didn't buy her socks or something equally as unimaginitive? :D

Power tools & cleaning aids generally go down well with the other halfs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think if I did that that I'd be dismembered with the power tools and the cleaning aids would be used to dispose of my body.

I might do that one year for the craic though. Wrap up a Virtual Boy or something and put her name on it :pac:

Real gift on standby for when the punches are about to fly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, my missus wanted, and got, wood carving chisels!
    And I secretly got her a fantastic Senseo coffee machine, and she is only after pointing one out in a mag today! I've cracked it this year!

Advertisement