Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Phone's Price Dropped After Purchase

Options
  • 23-12-2010 6:55pm

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation before and could offer any insight.

Bought a phone on Meteor's website for €90 on Monday evening. It arrived today. The cost of the phone on their website has now dropped to €60.

My phone is unopened and I can simply return it if I like for a refund (they have a 14 day policy where you can return it if you change your mind). I can then get my refund of €90 and buy the phone for €60. This saves me my €30.

However, in order to save a lot of messing around for both Meteor and myself, I was wondering what you guys reckon the chances are of Meteor simply just refunding me the difference?

I rang their customer care, who gave me another number to ring (a 1800 number for their online store). I rang them, but they said they only deal with this kinda thing between 9-5, so I should ring back in the morning.

Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation before?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You could try but legally they dont have to give you anything unless you follow the returns policy.

Your best bet id say is to look for the 30e to be put on your meteor account as a credit :) that way they dont really loose out and neither do you

Yeah, I'd be happy with credit, even.

If I open the phone, I can still just buy it again, and send back the new one (that i pay €60 for) with my order number from my old one (the on eI paid €90 for), so I'm sure they'll comply to at least giving me credit. Doesn't really cost them anything that way.

Pity they don't have a Boards' "Talk To..." forum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You won't be able to do this, you will only get a refund of 90 for the phone with the 1st phone's imei.

Advertisement