Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ballyvalley, Killaloe

• 23-12-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I am looking at moving to Ballyvalley, Killaloe, Co. Clare. The house is a couple of miles outside Killaloe on way to Activity centre on Lough Derg.
    Hoping someone here might know if high speed broadband would be available there.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Hiya. Well Im in Killaloe and had been using 3. Absolute rubbish! I changed to Eircom last week and got a good deal. They've just upgraded the exchange in Killaloe so its a good option. We had no signal at all from them up to last week so Im presuming its better in the whole area. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pedroThePirate

Could try ringing Ripplecom. 1890 747753

They have a basic 3Mb/1Mb service but are rolling out
    8Mb in places where there is a demand. I would hazard
    a guess that around Killaloe there's a good market for them.

I've been with them for a year and, while they do have
    some downtime, they will beat "3" for service, and there's
    no cap on your traffic per month.

http://www.ripplecom.net/

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks for that.

I have sent query to Ripplecom and await reply.

http://www.ripplecom.net/broadband-coverage-map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 freefone

we have 3 and eircom, be aware with eircom, that they sell high speed packages but cant provide service! We paid couple mths for 7 "whatever", but internet seemed too slow (we had satelite internet before that and with 5 "whatever" (i always mix them up) it never slowed down with 2 computers in use one of whoom mostly used for downloading), so we checked and results were from 1 - 3 w/e! Called their tehnician and after disconecting EVERYTHING, but 1 computer, we got up to 5 w/e. And they didnt felt guilty for ripping us off and didnt offer refund :mad: Their blamed OUR computer capabilities :rolleyes:
    With 3 is great thing, that you can test for 2 weeks and see if it works for you. I found them great with regular distruptions in electricity supplies this winter - it keeps working on battery power long enough. Mostly getting trough 3 w/e.
    If 3 would provide static ip, we wouldnt bother with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Have you connsidered Arra - http://www.arra.ie/

I am living in Ogonnelloe, about 3 miles the Scarriff side of Ballyvalley.

I have had Arra now for almost 3 years - 2 years in a rented house and 6 months in our own house. I am happy enough with it. I have the "Two wave" package for €40 per month.

They have boosers stations (or whateverthehell they are called) along the Tipp hills, so as a general rule as a general rule of thumb, if you have a direct line of sight from your house to the Tipp hills, you can pick them up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement