Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled parking in The Park,Carrickines

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I went shopping in Carrickimnes with my girlfriend today in Carricmines. I wish to point out that we both have disabled family members.

The traffic was very heavy inside the retail park and i started noticing that every car in the disabled spaces had no permits on them.

As we walked by Woodies we saw a woman mid 40's and her teenage daughter pull into a disabled space. When she got out i said "do you know this is a disabled space?" she replied by saying "So" i stated that disabled people need these spaces and she explained that she could not get a space near the shops. We could clearly see spaces 200 meters away but she felt that a disabled person can park there.:mad::mad::mad:

This really get to me as i know what it is like to have a disabled person in my life. I cannot contact the management company but i just want to warn people with disabilities not to travel to the Park in Carricmines as it is a death trap and i refuse to support a development that do not monitor there spaces unlike many other retail outlets.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi bungler, I can understand and sympathise totally how you feel. I have been trying to come to terms with the same issue for years. Around Christmas time the situation gets so bad I stay away from shopping centres, such is my infuriation. A number of years ago I was actually threatened (not verbally) when I stared out another person "waiting" in a disabled space. At this stage I do not consider it my "responsibility" and ignore the incessant breaches of the rules. It is the responsibility of the Gardai, Parking Wardens and SC security (acting on instructions for SC management!!) to enforce the rules. I suspect they are just paying lip-service to the laws and really have no interest or intention of enforcing them.
    Interestingly, in the little experience I have of other countries, the situation outside Ireland is always better. In the UK and France there is much greater respect for disabled parking. In Spain it is still significantly more respected. Maybe it's just another of our Irish peculiarities.....
    Sorry to piggy-back on your rant, but it's such a PITA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

people like that deserve to be clamped. She didn't even apologize? i'd have have gone to car park security and told them the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I spotted these two beauts at Carrickmines yesterday. The green jag has managed to block two disabled parking bays, not just one. There was some snow blocking part of one of the bays, but it would still have been usable for many smaller cars. No disabled badge was visible. The blue Cork reg jeep is reversing out of one of the disabled bays outside Halford.

The disabled bays are pretty well marked - with a blue sign at the front of each bay clearly visible for anyone driving in, so there is really no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

I spotted these two beauts at Carrickmines yesterday. The green jag has managed to block two disabled parking bays, not just one. There was some snow blocking part of one of the bays, but it would still have been usable for many smaller cars. No disabled badge was visible. The blue Cork reg jeep is reversing out of one of the disabled bays outside Halford.

The disabled bays are pretty well marked - with a blue sign at the front of each bay clearly visible for anyone driving in, so there is really no excuse.
    There is really only the one excuse........ignorance!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

looks like she doesn't know how to park either :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement