Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujifilm digital camera help..

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a Fujifilm Finepix J32 digital camera that runs off a lithium battery.

Camera wont charge now all of a sudden, when plugged into the mains it works but just wont charge. I have also tried charging it off the usb cable but with no joy.

The guy in the Fujifilm store in liffey valley said its the charger and not the battery, but surely if its running of the mains and not the battery its the battery no :confused:

Any help appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

If the charger is dead, it won't charge the battery. The test to see if it's the battery or the charger is to try a different charger. If you also need to see if it's the camera, then you also need another battery.
    Do you know anyone else with the same model camera, or a decent camera store that will let you use their battery & charger to troubleshoot yours?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you are using a Lithium Battery then they are not rechargable. To recharge you need to have a Li-ion Battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

These are the package contents according to Fujifilm's website:

• Li-ion rechargeable battery NP-45A
    • AC Adaptor/Charger
    • Hand Strap
    • USB cable
    • FinePix software (CD-ROM)
    • Owner's manual(CD-ROM)
    • User's Guide

So, it definitely isn't an off-the-shelf lithium battery.
    CabanSail wrote: »
    If you are using a Lithium Battery then they are not rechargable. To recharge you need to have a Li-ion Battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

Sorry about the delay in responding..

Found the manual and it said that it could be the battery being too cold and to put it in your pocket for 10 mins to heat it up!

To my surprise it actually worked and charges up with no problems now, funny solution but hey the girlfriend is off my back :D

Thanks for the response guys..

Happy Christmas..

Advertisement