Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are we going to get any snow?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in Clare and I'm just wondering when we are going to get any snow? Haven't got any yet this year and I'm kinda annoyed as everyone else in the country is getting to enjoy some snow :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

With the current forecastsbi don't think we are going to get ny. I'm in Clare too and have been most disapointed as well. My first christmas in ireland after living here for 3 years and with the forecasts the way they were was really hoping for a white chrstmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

You should get some quickly turning to sleet or rain on stephens day . . . not thats that what you wanT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I would take a pure guess at the first week in january:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

everyone else in the country is getting to enjoy some snow

About 20,000 who've been through Dublin airport in the last three days might disagree! ;-)

Hi,

I live in Clare and I'm just wondering when we are going to get any snow? Haven't got any yet this year and I'm kinda annoyed as everyone else in the country is getting to enjoy some snow :(

Thanks

We're not all getting it! Waterford, kilkenny, tipperary, limerick and east cork all have little or no snow either . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

TJJP wrote: »
    About 20,000 who've been through Dublin airport in the last three days might disagree! ;-)

And everyone who works in couriers/food/deliveries/taxis/agriculture/transport. I can't understand the "yipee it's snowing" attitude after so many weeks of this. Come on, people's lives are at serious risk on the roads everywhere at the moment. I'm seeing abandoned cars and people sliding off the road on a daily basis.

Surely the child-like novelty of a bit of snow has worn off for everyone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    And everyone who works in couriers/food/deliveries/taxis/agriculture/transport. I can't understand the "yipee it's snowing" attitude after so many weeks of this. Come on, people's lives are at serious risk on the roads everywhere at the moment. I'm seeing abandoned cars and people sliding off the road on a daily basis.

Surely the child-like novelty of a bit of snow has worn off for everyone by now.

There's still the child-like novelty of a lot of snow for me. :pac:

Oh_Noes wrote: »

Road deaths are actually way down this month, but i see your point about it being a major inconvenience for travel in general and the retail sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Ouch! for Clare and Waterford

Irelandsnowcovereddecember10.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Where did you get that photo, it's class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

It came from dundee observatory,cant find the link right now but it was posted on rte's website earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Looking at the pic above, you can see that the Galty mountain range has no (or very little) snow !! :eek: ....in fact I think there's more snow in my back garden (even tho we only got one heavy snow shower last friday) than on the mountains. Now that's just plain............wierd :confused:, but then again this whole winter has been wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Looking at the pic above, you can see that the Galty mountain range has no (or very little) snow !! :eek: ....in fact I think there's more snow in my back garden (even tho we only got one heavy snow shower last friday) than on the mountains. Now that's just plain............wierd :confused:, but then again this whole winter has been wierd.

You're quite right I live in sight of the Galtee Mountains, and there's more snow in my yard than on the mountains. The frost allover everything is incredibly pretty...Come on that thaw, and we can have our water back;)

Happy Christmas To You All:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Is there anybody who hasn't had any snow since mid December 2009? That would be fairly annoying, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Didnt Waterford get snow a few weeks ago??? We have had nothing!!!!!! Seriously unfair!!

Now who do I complain to about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Now who do I complain to about this?
    ........there's a fella in a red suit and a white beard calling tonight, I suggest you have a word with him !!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

that map is ridiculous. we are the only county not to get any all winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

South Kilkenny has none?

Lucky people, the north of the county not so lucky.

Advertisement