Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas stash?

• 23-12-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Well lads the silly season is upon us, are you buying bulk or just buying as you usually do?

I want to buy in bulk as i pretty much have a few beers every night from the 25th to new years eve. Is there such a thing as decent beer that comes in slabs. And im not talking about muck like bud/fosters/carling/miller etc...

Any recommendations for bulk buying?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Brooklyn Lager at 6 for €10 is what I always go for as a good stash beer, nice and hoppy, neither weak nor excessively strong at around 5.2%. I'd love to be able to stash up on the finer things but Brooklyn Lager, Aldi's "Specially Selected Traditional Ale" or whatever it's called at 4 for €4 is ok aswell when it comes to always having something above average to drink en masse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I want to buy in bulk as i pretty much have a few beers every night from the 25th to new years eve.

That sounds like a bit of a sad life , sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

That sounds like a bit of a sad life , sorry

Why don't you piss off to AfterHours if you want to get thanks from people.:)

Pretty much anybody who is into beer would have a beer throughout the xmas period.:rolleyes:

Got a case of Hobgoblin in Dunnes for €20 Happy days :D

Got a case of Hobgoblin in Dunnes for €20 Happy days :D

Hobgoblin is lovely stuff. How many are in a case?

• Advertisement

Hobgoblin is lovely stuff. How many are in a case?

Twelve bottles. Dunnes have it on offer at the moment, three bottles for €5.

12 bottles for 20 euro!

im off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

th3 s1aught3r & fonecrusher1 - put the handbags away & be nice to each other. No personal remarks & no back-seat modding.

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

well for me i have estrella damm, its a spanish beer, a mighty fine one

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Im sure any off licence would be delighted to keep you a case.
    What I do is thake there number and give them a call when there beer is in (thats if I havent got it in the back already).

after that its down to price and availability Ive heard of a few beers that will be changing suppliers in the New Year so there could be some slight disruption when I know for sure Ill let everyone know so they can panic buy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

25 x erdinger & 25 X Paulaner - let the battle commence

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got 12 bottles of kombacher in supervalue for 12 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

25 x erdinger & 25 X Paulaner - let the battle commence

that sounds amazing, loved both those beers since i came back from munich last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Last tuesday I crossed the border and picked up 90 Carlsberg, 2 litres of Vodka, litre of Bushmills, bottle of Jim Beam, bottle of Captain Morgan's, 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of champagne.

It's been a good week so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I posted this in the wrong thread so here we go:

Rudolph's Reward from Lidl - I think it's made by the boys in Kent who do the Bishop's Finger. It's pretty nice, not too overwhelming or anything. Best drank at room temp for the full flavour.

Got a few porterhouse beers for the weekend - Oyster & PH Red. Also picked up a bottle of Brains SA - a friend recommended it despite me telling me it's the Welsh Guinness/Carlsberg though I've never tried it.

I'm also doing up a batch of Mulled Wine and then later some Eggnog and there'll be snowballs aplenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Oh good God, I wish I'd seen this a few days ago. :(

Heroditas wrote: »
    Oh good God, I wish I'd seen this a few days ago. :(

The offer is on until close of business on Tuesday so you've still got time!

Advertisement