Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student Re-application

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, I'm looking for some help. In 2006 I started in Nui Maynooth as a mature student, I did two years but at the end of the second yr I became ill and could no longer go to college. The problem is, whilst I informed the college of my illness I did not inform them of my decision to leave permanently. However I wish to go back to education next yr but not to Maynooth or to the course I had previously being doing as it is not feasible travel and accommodation wise etc. I was wondering, am I able to apply again as a mature student to do a course in a different college? I know what course and college I would like to attend but I can't seem to get any answers to my question. I would appreciate any help or if someone could point me in the direction of someone who could give me an answer. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 starre

Hi

There's nothing to stop you applying to the new course as a mature student. Is it access to fees/grants that you are really asking about? You would have to put forward a case to whoever is in charge of them to see if they would allow you to apply for them a second time.

Ring the access officers in the new college and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Hi, I'm looking for some help. In 2006 I started in Nui Maynooth as a mature student, I did two years but at the end of the second yr I became ill and could no longer go to college. The problem is, whilst I informed the college of my illness I did not inform them of my decision to leave permanently. However I wish to go back to education next yr but not to Maynooth or to the course I had previously being doing as it is not feasible travel and accommodation wise etc. I was wondering, am I able to apply again as a mature student to do a course in a different college? I know what course and college I would like to attend but I can't seem to get any answers to my question. I would appreciate any help or if someone could point me in the direction of someone who could give me an answer. Thanks

You might want to give the Dept of whatever course you were doing and explain the situation. They might be able to just sign you into the courses you will need.

As previously stated the grants situation might be the axe that stops you from doing your course.

Advertisement