Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 Vietnam 8v8 Competition

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:56pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, who's in? Fancy an 8 man boards.ie team?

First prize is 8 6970's :)

http://www.esl.eu/eu/bfbc2/news/145006/

http://www.esl.eu/eu/bfbc2/conquest/8on8vietnamreleasecup/rules/

One rule applies to the 8 player team, no mortar strikes. I'll be up for it. Usually for these 8v8 teams, we require 2/3 snipers, with 2 medics, an engineer and the rest as assault. Generally!

I'm signing myself us as a sniper class/engineer, anyone else up for it? We need 10 signups, 2 substitutes in case someone can't make it

Round #1 - 09/01/2011 20:00 - Vantage Point
    Round #2 - 16/01/2011 20:00 - Khao San Temple
    Round #3 - 23/01/2011 20:00 - Hill 137
    Round #4 - 26/01/2011 20:00 - Operation Hastings
    Round #5 - 30/01/2011 20:00 - Phu Bai Valley

I won't be available the 16th Jan, but available every other time. Let's go people!

Signup:

1. cherryghost (sniper/engineer)
    2. karma (engineer/medic)
    3. Abe
    4. thefairy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'll have some of that, count me in, I'll ask around to see if any other of the TiG lads are interested.

Also, most likely be no need for snipers, just plenty of Medics and Engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

karma_ wrote: »
    Also, most likely be no need for snipers, just plenty of Medics and Engineers.

Yea I agree with karma.. snipers are not needed the rules are "no mortars" so that's a waste of a class ability such as medics revive or repair tool.
    you would be better replacing the snipers with medics and anti tank.

Yea Id consider playing a few games always good fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I played for a while on the Enemy Down ladder and I reckon snipers are still needed. They can help defend a certain area in tight situations for other players

I've played lots of BF clanwars, from 42 to BF2 and I have never known a team to use a sniper.

The trick on BF has always been to get numbers to a flag, clear it and cap it asap, medics are in a lot of ways the ideal class, no need for assault players when there is a class who can heal, revive and have a gun with a large magazine. After that it's just engineers for their Anti-Armour duties and not all maps have armour. Knowing esl, there will be some very good teams and matches in Battlefield can be notoriously unforgiving.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not sure if you got a proper taste of my style of play but I tend to play very defensive. May not rack up high scores but my average accuracy is very high. Being colorblind has its advantages in high foliage areas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Except when 9 outta your ten kills are TEAM MATES!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Will sign up, either me or the cub in case I'm at work. Happy to do engineer class.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pop my name down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll sign up as well. Should be free all those nights in Jan. Medic / Eng are pretty much the only class I play anyway. Prob more comfortable with the medic gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I play if needed should be around all those nights.

What happens if more than 8 want to play ? subs? 2nd team?

Dont mind what class.

• Advertisement

sunday nites at 8 isnt bad at all

sign me up for medic/eng

Can't edit the original post anymore:

1. cherryghost (sniper/engineer)
    2. karma (engineer/medic)
    3. Abe (medic/engineer)
    4. thefairy
    5. Hellrazer
    6. Jim (medic/engineer)
    7. dreamers75 (any)
    8. Ponster (medic/engineer)

Right, we've nearly got 8 so.

We have subs, not a second team, so if you want a second team, we need 16 signups.

First things first, we need to assign probably 2 team captains. Everyone must register on ESL.eu and add their BC2 PB_GUIDs to their account, then once we have the team captains, join the team and then we can finally sign up for the competition. Sign ups are almost full already so we need to get the ball rolling by tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

IRL clan is in, we hope to see you all there ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Sniper class exists for the sole purpose of stat padding and pissing people off.
    Snipers do not cap, do not help other squad members, do not do jack!

Now the tools given to that class are pretty awesome for run & gun, motion sensor + shotgun is win, new M14 sights etc make for a great special ops class.

I've said it a million times, I'd rather snipers be taken out of BF for good. What other class can you play with a cupa tea in your hand?

And what have they done with BFV? Given the sniper dynamite AND air strikes? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sniper class exists for the sole purpose of stat padding and pissing people off.
    Snipers do not cap, do not help other squad members, do not do jack!

Now the tools given to that class are pretty awesome for run & gun, motion sensor + shotgun is win, new M14 sights etc make for a great special ops class.

I've said it a million times, I'd rather snipers be taken out of BF for good. What other class can you play with a cupa tea in your hand?

And what have they done with BFV? Given the sniper dynamite AND air strikes? WTF?

Classic....cup of tea in one hand...lmao. :D

I agree to some extent...although this is not the place for the debate. But someone who is actually a very good sniper can do alot for the team, more so in other games not so much BF series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I agree to some extent...although this is not the place for the debate.

You know me wonda, when i feel the need for a rant, the thread i'm in is the last thing on my mind :D

Just another thing comes to mind, the one thing that pisses off a sniper is...another sniper who's kicking his ass.
    I wonder if they brought out a game with just snipers how many would play it. Well I suppose snipers would originally, that is, until they realized they couldn't camp a bottle neck and shoot fish in a barrel.

This parasite has to go! I'm all for "special needs" classes and all that but snipers are the ultimate chicken cowardly no risk, scum of all online shooters.

I especially like the macro that aims, shoots and hauls out the pistol in blops. So they run around with a one shot gun and a pistol backup.

Get the team set up on esl and prepare to send invites out. Got an account ready to go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Put me down as a sub if needed. I should be free the dates mentioned.

preferred class : medic/engineer

Grand.

Team is up here

Join password is boardsie

Has anyone a server or shall I set one up? Karma do you mind if I assign you as co-op leader?

I should add, to get your BFBC2 GUID to go the BC2 webchat here

Type !myguid <insert BC2 username>

eg, !myguid the_syco

Copy the value and click your profile, and click Gameaccounts on the left of your screen, and add the value from the drop down list of games.

It's vital you all do this, to join the competition 8 members must have their GUID added

• Advertisement

I'm still the only one with my BFBC2 GUID :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

...... Karma do you mind if I assign you as co-op leader?

Snigger, do not, I repeat, do not go up north, you have been warned!

Will sort GUID tonight.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Snigger, do not, I repeat, do not go up north, you have been warned!

Will sort GUID tonight.

You basts have memories like elephants, that was like 5 years ago!!!

GUID is in now, come on you lazy bastards get it done. It's only the last 8 digits isn't it?

As for co-op sure I'll do it but only if you really, really need someone.

alternative method for obtaining teh GUID courtsey of PBBans.com
    To obtain your GUID in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your PunkBuster folder in the directory where you installed Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The default location in Windows XP is: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2\pb\". Windows Vista and Windows 7 users will find the appropriate "pb" folder at "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\pb\".
    (If you cannot see this folder, read the * below)

2. Create a new text file in your "pb" folder and title it "pbcl.cfg".

3. Inside this text file, please copy and paste the following:

pb_MsgPrefix "[skipnotify]PunkBuster Client"
    pb_Sleep 500
    pb_LogToFile 1
    pb_SsLog 1
    pb_SsSave 1

4. Enter any Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server that has PunkBuster enabled.

5. Just enter these commands to the in-game chat:

/pb_logtofile 1
    /pb_writecfg
    /pb_myguid

That will create a file "pbcl.log" in your PB folder. This will contain your PB GUID and some more information.

In windows 7 it writes to the \Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BC2\pb\ pbcl.log

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Expect some of this treatment playing in the ESL ;)

http://www.own3d.tv/video/21369/Serious_pew_pew

seyeM wrote: »
    Expect some of this treatment playing in the ESL ;)

http://www.own3d.tv/video/21369/Serious_pew_pew

Yup, what's your point?

I know I have been on the receiving end of mauling's in matches against very good teams. I've never seen a clan with a bit of class post a video like that before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Guid done.

We're still 3 short for joining the league. Competition starts this Sunday...

ill sort mine out thursday nite just dnt ave the time till den

• Advertisement

Right. There's 5 out of the six on the site with their GUIDs sorted. Just waiting on hellrazer who's signed up and 2 more, then we can finally get it sorted. Competition starts this weekend so we better move fast :)

Advertisement