Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of NY

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

:Dhey ppl
    I'm goin 2 New york the second week in january for 5 days and i want to do one of those day tours that will bring you around all the good sights,I've been searchin the net but i'm really confussed as to which is the best as there is sooooo many can someone please suggest a good one?
    tanx xxx:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I dont know but if no one else chimes in...

www.tripadvisor.com is packed with travellers advice for almost everything.

Or you could ask at a hotel. The concierge of one of the big hotels would probably know the reputable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I went on one about two years ago and found it really informative and fun. As far as I can remember, it was the Gray Line Bus Tours. They usually sell tickets all over Manhattan, you can't miss them (even if you try!) and I'm pretty sure they're hop on hop off tours so you can get on and off at any destination in the day and get back on one half an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

lisar,

I haven't done this bus tour -"The Ride"- (apparently debuted September 2010), but it's been getting some attention in the NY press. It looks a little "unconventional" (tour + street theater), but might be fun. Looks like they're charging anywhere from $60 to $65 a ticket for a 75 minute tour. Sounds a little steep to me, but I've been away from NYC for about six years now, so who knows - maybe that's the rate now. Some info for more research:

http://gothamist.com/2010/08/09/the_ride.php (very local NYC website)

http://www.experiencetheride.com/home/

Anyway, hope it helps.

In honor of your holiday trip to NYC, please let me wish all here a very Merry Christmas with a great song from my favorite NYC Irish-American band:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Theres a tourist information centre in times square where you can find out about all the trips etc, and book them there too- probably the easiest option when you get there.
    Its just a few doors down from toys r us if i remember correctly

Advertisement