Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas II

Options
  • 23-12-2010 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Anybody gonna' celebrate Christmas II next year? A new holiday on May 23rd created by retailers, think "Love Day" except for real people. I think it sounds like a good idea anyway, not much to look forward to in may anyway :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Christmas II ? Never heard of it...
    you say it's a 'love day' for real people ? I'm confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

star-pants wrote: »
    Christmas II ? Never heard of it...
    you say it's a 'love day' for real people ? I'm confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trash_of_the_Titans

Will you be celebrating Christmas 2 star-pants?

Edit - sorry re read it, I'm still confused.

Simpsons episode has a 'love day' to do with getting rid of rubbish... what connection has that with this 'Christmas II' day?

Edit - sorry re read it, I'm still confused.

Simpsons episode has a 'love day' to do with getting rid of rubbish... what connection has that with this 'Christmas II' day?

The reason there was so much trash was because of "Love Day" which was a manufactured holiday by shops to get more money, it was like a second Valentine's day they decided on to get people to spend more money, now in the real world marketers are doing the same thing with Christmas, hence Christmas II

Riiight... well there's only one Christmas so I think I'll be sticking with that myself

• Advertisement

Riiight... well there's only one Christmas so I think I'll be sticking with that myself

There's no need to be a Scrooge II ;)

Not really being a Scrooge if it's a fake holiday

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

eh I think one christmas is more than enough... Johnnn... you have a nice holiday II ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

:D:DSomeone has thought of it already :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

johnn wrote: »
    Anybody gonna' celebrate Christmas II next year? A new holiday on May 23rd created by retailers, think "Love Day" except for real people. I think it sounds like a good idea anyway, not much to look forward to in may anyway :D

Think Valentines Day, 14th of February.:pac:

This forum is for Christmas: 25th of December.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement