Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm taking a break from this forum

Options
  • 23-12-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I've decided to join my good friend Links and take a break from this forum.
    Johnnymcg wrote: »
    If you "just don't see" one of the most fundamental aspects of the trans experience, then surely you can see the reasons why you should consider not posting to trans-related discussions?
    hang on a second here - - This is an LGBT forum and I appreciate that Bostons posts have been very much personally attacking but posts like this have the potential to create a culture of only trans people are allowed post in trans threads and deepen the apparent problem that Eebs suggested earlier that this forum seems to becoming Us V Them.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, Johnny, but there is already an "us versus them" here.

The "us" is "lgbt and anyone respectful towards lgbt", and the "them" is "those who want to come on here and tell others how they should feel and who they actually are". Apparently, there is a view out there that I'm one of the "them".

In any case - I'm tired of having what I write constantly turned on it's head, and of the attacks on my character.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've decided to join my good friend Links and take a break from this forum.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Johnny, but there is already an "us versus them" here.

The "us" is "lgbt and anyone respectful towards lgbt", and the "them" is "those who want to come on here and tell others how they should feel and who they actually are". Apparently, there is a view out there that I'm one of the "them".

In any case - I'm tired of having what I write constantly turned on it's head, and of the attacks on my character.
    Deirdre, I'm genuinely sorry you took this decision. I hope it's not a permanent break

I don't view you as 'one of them'

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Im sure there is a better way to deal with the issues than another "Screw you guys I'm going home" thread.

Drama or not, there's a quote that goes "The only winning move is not to play."

It's from Wargames, an 80's movie with Matthew Broderick.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I call for a change to the forum rules. Bans for all threads of this ilk. This sort of Gairean nonsense is not appreciated on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I must agree with Micra up there, Links at least gave us food for thought, would your message not have been better suited to that thread than as a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

We stand together as a community. Some within and without wish to break that bond. I say look at that which binds us together not that which tears us apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Rosie??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

FruitLover wrote: »
    Rosie??

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

FruitLover wrote: »
    Rosie??

There is that sense of Déjà vu...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Threads of this sort are best suited to the Feedback forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement