Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrolux Dishwasher Anti Flood System Reset

• 23-12-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Anyone here know how to turn off the anti flood switch on an Electrolux ESI 6220? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Anyone here know how to turn off the anti flood switch on an Electrolux ESI 6220? Thanks

I'm just guessing that the flood switch is the same as on many other dishwashers, to whit; a lightweight float (polystyrene in my case) which rises when the sump in which it sits fills with water. The sump will be a depression in the underbase of the machine. Any water leaking for any reason into the base will end up there - lift the float and trip the switch.

One way to deal with it is to tilt the machine forward and hold it there a while, the water will leave the sump and hopefully drain from the base of the machine. The switch will reset automatically once the float is able to return to it's original position.

You can get water splashes from inside the machine accidentally working their way down overflow tubes - sometimes the way you stack plates in the machine causes this. If it's a recurring problem then you've a leak from some or other componant fitted into the wash compartment./

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I'm just guessing that the flood switch is the same as on many other dishwashers, to whit; a lightweight float (polystyrene in my case) which rises when the sump in which it sits fills with water. The sump will be a depression in the underbase of the machine. Any water leaking for any reason into the base will end up there - lift the float and trip the switch.

One way to deal with it is to tilt the machine forward and hold it there a while, the water will leave the sump and hopefully drain from the base of the machine. The switch will reset automatically once the float is able to return to it's original position.

You can get water splashes from inside the machine accidentally working their way down overflow tubes - sometimes the way you stack plates in the machine causes this. If it's a recurring problem then you've a leak from some or other componant fitted into the wash compartment./

Sounds ingenius - if this works you'll (I'll) be a hero! Thanks a million.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If there is a light in the dishwasher the seal on this is a prime cause of water leaks into the sump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

No light in this old machine thanks mp22 - but its back working again thanks to antiskeptic. Thanks again guys and Happy Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Razor444

Henrypoter> did you find out where exactly is that anti-flood trigger? What had you to do to reset it?

I have same problem and the only thing i noticed is that salt compartment is full of water...tried to remove some of it but problem still remains.

• Advertisement
Advertisement