Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Booster

Options
  • 23-12-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a 087 gsm booster now for six Months and it was working perfect until a few days ago when the quality got very bad peolpe could'nt hear me and I could'nt hear them and sometimes it says connection error i have a full signal all the time I did all the obvious like turning it off for a while and then on again can anybody help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

When using GSM boosters you are essentially rebroadcasting the networks signal from the nearest mast, this in fact causes interference with the mast in question causing issues for everyone else using it. (Dropped calls / crossed lines etc)

Therefore their would be no way around it unless the Network are willing to configure it for you and intergrate it into their infrastructure, however they have probably figured out one is in use already and changed the frequency of cells to limit interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mULLENJF

There are three other houses a few metres away using the same and they are working perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Theres a reason these things arent 100% legal, but at the end of the day you take in crap coverage youll still put out crap coverage, even though its reporting full coverage

Advertisement