Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman - Outlet Store?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

In the Harvey Norman in Dundalk today. Place covered in 'Outlet' signs and the place more like a jumble sale than a shop. Seemed deliberately rearranged to suggest 'disorder' with the previous deparments all mixed up and an Aldi type pile stuff on the floor feel to it.

Is it the same in the other Harvey Normans? Are they liquidating? Or has the Dundalk one become a dumping ground for end of line gear from other stores? Whats up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sounds like it has become a discount Harvey Normans' store.

Moved to Louth

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They are opening an outlet style store in Dundalk to try and shift stock held all over the country in other stores. They did it with one store in Australia and it was a huge success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Eh...Go Harvey..for fcuk sake, Go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

exaisle wrote: »

Yeah, and take your 800 jobs with you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The metal bars on the windows are really classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

exaisle wrote: »

Just what we need really. Big retailers to leave and take the jobs with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

i have heard on lmfm that this is an outlet (clearance store), please research 1st before putting a big post about companys closing down. i am sure some of the 800 staff of harvey normans are boardsies and they dont need to be seeing posts like this.
    i would be a bit worried if i saw such a post from the company i work for.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

mad dave wrote: »
    i have heard on lmfm that this is an outlet (clearance store), please research 1st before putting a big post about companys closing down. i am sure some of the 800 staff of harvey normans are boardsies and they dont need to be seeing posts like this.
    i would be a bit worried if i saw such a post from the company i work for.:confused:

Sorry. Didnt mean to alarm anyone. Seriously looked like a liquidation sale though if you go in. Place is right mess.

Cant find how to edit the title of the thread. Any one know how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Almaviva wrote: »
    Sorry. Didnt mean to alarm anyone. Seriously looked like a liquidation sale though if you go in. Place is right mess.

PM a Mod

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You can use the report function to bring things like this to the mod's attention. Only a mod can edit a post/thread after 48hrs, just FYI.
    Almaviva wrote: »

I've changed it, let me know what you'd like it called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

I've changed it, let me know what you'd like it called.

Perfect. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

They are opening an outlet style store in Dundalk to try and shift stock held all over the country in other stores. They did it with one store in Australia and it was a huge success.

This is pretty much exactly what they are doing. I know a girl who is a manager of some sort for Harvey Normans is one of theire Dublin shops & this is pretty much what she told me what was happening to the Dundalk shop months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Was in there today,big change very rough and ready, but if it sells stuff so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I was in it today. All over the place really. Looks like a jumble sale than a store. The tv section is just one section of the back wall, no dvd/blu-ray surround sound etc. on show. And no tv on display had a HD picture. Pity though, it was a fine store to go to in the past.

This is from the official Harvey Norman website.

Dundalk Outlet

Outlet1

THE OUTLET – GREAT HARVEY NORMAN VALUE NOW GOT EVEN BETTER!

Brand new for Harvey Norman, our new Outlet offers you great products at amazing prices all on the one floor! We have merged all four departments – Furniture, Bedding, Electrical & Computers. By searching for great deals through our local and worldwide supplier chain and using our bulk buy purchasing abilities we can ensure unbeatable pricing and fantastic range for all your lifestyle needs. Make no mistake, we will have the same top brands in all departments with clearing prices all year round.

End of life products, a range of scratch and dent items and one off deals – we have something to suit everyone’s pocket this Christmas. Many of our big items can be map1taken on the day, no waiting time and no warehouse pickups, making them ready for immediate collection or delivery.

Harvey Norman Outlet, open seven days a week with late night opening on Thursday.

Located off exit 16 on the M1 motorway in Dundalk, less than an hour from Dublin and Belfast – the one stop shop for great value, range and service!

For more detailed directions please see our Store Locator

Units 2-7, Dundalk Retail Park,
    Inner Relief Road, Dundalk,
    Louth
    Loc8 code: JS1-34-7PJ
    Tel: (042) 939 6600
    Fax: (042) 939 6699 

Advertisement