Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LNB short.

• 24-12-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I got a on screen message this evening that says 'lnb short'.
    I've humax foxsat pvr.
    Its no coincidence that earlier today I was doing a different job -running in another cable for the DTT and must've done something to the coax wall socket for the Humax. You see I had to remove this from the wall for a while while I was feeding in the new cable.
    What I'm asking is..... Is the LNB useless now that its been shorted?
    I still have some channels which are obviously from the the other feed/cable to the PVR.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It means a short on the cable to the LNB.

Fix the connections/cable and likely all will be well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Dony wrote: »
    I got a on screen message this evening that says 'lnb short'.
    I've humax foxsat pvr.
    Its no coincidence that earlier today I was doing a different job -running in another cable for the DTT and must've done something to the coax wall socket for the Humax. You see I had to remove this from the wall for a while while I was feeding in the new cable.
    What I'm asking is..... Is the LNB useless now that its been shorted?
    I still have some channels which are obviously from the the other feed/cable to the PVR.

The LNB should be fine. The tuner is the thing most likely damaged first, but most of them now have short circuit protection. Go back and check your cables and connections to get rid of the short circuit and you should be OK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

"to the coax wall socket for the Humax." Sockets are not allways good !!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

most likely the screen (thin wires wrapped around core) is touching the copper core.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

Thanks guys.
    Wall socket was the problem. Poor stripping of wires by electrician when being first installed 5 years ago.
    As someone said the outer thin wires were touching off the inner wire.
    Was sh1ting myself there thinking I'd have to go searching for a LNB today and then a frosty install job up the ladder this evening!

• Advertisement
Advertisement