Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Cork

Options
  • 24-12-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

So there might be a thread for this already, but a lot of clubs have changed in the past couple months so just to get up to date info!

are there any clubs ( other then Gorbys) that are 18+?

I know Cubans is 19's so...? Any info for me? :D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Stay in school kid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Clubs with age policies in Cork are generally quite lax on it. You won't get into the Classic but generally the ****e proto-teeny bopper ones you will. Mangans, Gorbys, Cubins.

Or you could go for late bars which are generally better anyway and cost nothing to get into.

Remember, night clubs in Cork are generally sh1t. But we have some nice bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

Yeah i much prefer the bars! But a load of my mate's always end up in gorbys after a night out so want to find somewhere else!

And some of them are a little intimidated of mangans :P

Steba wrote: »
    Yeah i much prefer the bars! But a load of my mate's always end up in gorbys after a night out so want to find somewhere else!

And some of them are a little intimidated of mangans :P

Try Havana's then, but the bouncers are notoriously picky and if ye are all around 18 ye will probably not get in.

In short, there is something wrong with your mates if they choose to go to Gorbys on a weekend nowadays. Back when I was young :P (2 years ago) It would be packed, and still would be these days on a wednesday, but now it's just a bunch of guys dancing together in the hopes a female of the species will be there, which, TBH, there are not many of in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Find a tall blonde leggy/chesty girl, befriend her, use her to exploit all bouncers strict orders of letting that type of girl in :) seriously, I went out with two of my friends who are both rather attractive girls, decided to hit Havanas around 12 to try and get in. Two bouncers looked my passport over and I was the only one who got told that it was a 23s night. I wouldn't have got in without them like :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Clubs with age policies in Cork are generally quite lax on it. You won't get into the Classic but generally the ****e proto-teeny bopper ones you will. Mangans, Gorbys, Cubins.

Or you could go for late bars which are generally better anyway and cost nothing to get into.

Who would want to go to the classic anyway, It's nearly as bad as havana's

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Who would want to go to the classic anyway, It's nearly as bad as havana's

Never actually been, got turned away once when I was 18 though! :D While my friend got in, he's 3 weeks older than me but looks 30! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Clancy's and Liquid Lounge :p

Yeah cheers for the advice, gona try havanas tomorrow anyway and i do have an attractive mate that come's out with me so il she were she get's me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

where ya end up?

• Advertisement

Stayed in sober lane for the night :P
    Went from the brog at 10.30 to there. Clubbings over rated for 18 year olds anyway :P

Advertisement