Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roads around kilmessan

Options
  • 24-12-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what the roads are like around Kilmessan

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Not great. Very icey. Take care.

It was madness about 2 weeks ago when we got the foot of snow. Extremely hard to get to Kilmessan then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Havent actually been to KIlmessan, but have been on some of the non-main roads around Summerhill, Navan and Trim and they are really bad. Sheet ice and really bumpy. I travelled the road at the side of Jack WHites pub the other day (the road with the waterworks on it) and it took me ages with pure ice and nice drainage ditches oln both sides to crash into if you slid off.

I'm amazed at how little snow there actually is in Trim though, I'm going out in the car soon and am looking forward to it. When I left Tallaght yesterday afternoon there was about a foot and a half of snow and it was falling like a blizzard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

they are really not that bad,i travel from navan to kilmessan past the royal tara golf club every day and if you take it easy you will be fine,i would say comin in the other way past the station house hotel with that hilly bridge would be not great but again just take it slow that really is the secret.

Advertisement