Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

• 24-12-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

I have enjoyed reading peoples logs on and off now for a while and have decided I'm going to keep one for myself, I haven't signed up for any huge event or race (as of yet) so don’t have anything in particular to aim towards apart from just wanting to improve myself for myself! I thought I'd start it now so I can continue it into the New Year.

Over the summer I have improved (from a very low base!!) my fitness through gym work and bootcamps which I love. With that increasing my fitness I jumped into C25k plan half way and completed it. But haven’t actually done a race just run the distance myself got up to 7k in one run but nothing longer.
    I want to do a 10k in Jan but it’s not looking likely after such bad weather and lack of any other door "running"! I have a 10k plan now so I hope to work on that in the New Year.

I am surrounded by fitness fanatics with friends and family and work! (Actually think the whole country has gone bit fitness crazy, must be due to less money to spend!) Husband and brother have been very supportive and are keeping me interested! Willing myself to improve so I can
    tell them so they can be proud, so I can be proud and enjoy it myself!!

I started off wanting to do something so i could lose weight but now its not even about that anymore its about alot more! I feel better about myself so my weight doesnt matter.

Anyway I better stop ranting its turning into more of an extract from my diary then a fitness log!!
    :D

Wednesday 22nd : Crosstrainer 45 mins (Hell)

Thursday 23rd : Crosstrainer 50 mins (not as bad)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭shoegal!

Good luck with the diary and the training Ilovered! These logs are great for motivation and inspiration. Looking forward to reading about your progress! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

So my kriskindle got me a Garmin for Christmas!! no stopping me know! :eek:

Bootcamp - One hour class but actually only 20 mins of repeated reps - Fun and delighted I went now! could have been at home eating! :D

Wednesday 29th Dec.

34 mins, 4.45K

Not bad seeing as I could hardly left my feet to put my socks on this morn.
    First one outside in about 5 weeks.

I love my Garmin, not so sure I love running! :p

X

Thursday 30th Dec

1 hr Crosstrainer - 50 mins was fine, breathing fine, legs fine! last 10 mins was much harder but I done it!

Nothing now for 2 days, back to work tomor! boohoo

Happy New year!

• Advertisement

Saturday 1st Jan 2011!!

7.26k this morn! (.26 is very important :D)- Start the year as I mean to go on!

It was very slow in parts stopped twice for one minute walk, coz when I looked at speed on Garmin I was running so slow I actually walked faster.

Happy New Year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Well done...great way to start the year.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

well done,..start de new year as you mean to go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Welcome to the bizzare world of running and boards ART. You'll be spoilt for encouragement and advice here.
    Good luck with the training and the log (and the Garmin - nice KK pressie!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

ILOVERED wrote: »
    I love my Garmin, not so sure I love running! :p

Laughed when i read this- I have felt like this so many times in the past year! Best of luck with the running in 2011.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone!! Hopefully will keep it up, it was funny this morn, came across some party-goers on their way home, I ejoyed their funny looks they gave me!

Monday 3rd Jan 2011

20 min's intense hill program (Thats what the crosstrainer calls it!, torture is what I would call it :p)

Dont know whats wrong with me today,had great plans for run and bootcamp! never got around to the run and missed bootcamp trying to get kids to bed!
    Total lack of motivation, prob due to been back to work tomor and the pile of work that lies ahead!

Fresh start tomorrow and a run before dinner planned!!

Done 8.1k this evening and it was FANTASTIC!!! I could have punched the air like Rocky did when he got to the top of those steps!.

Its the 'best' run I have done to date, took just over the hour but I enjoyed every minute, didnt stop at all , just ran around in circles! A bit restricted when I go out in the evening as where to go and get any kind of distance.
    Breathing was grand all the way, legs didnt hurt, head was clear!

I was itching in my chair today dying to get out so I was afraid I'd built it up to much that I wouldnt do the distance...

I know I'll prob have a crappy next run, but I'm gonna take this feeling a RUN with it! ;) hopefully will get me through the next one.

Well done!! That is great. Knew you could do it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Wow. Congrats on that.
    Now file away that feeling. :D

Its so cold out and I'm knackered but really want to go for 'run' this evening!!

putting this here so I can shame myself if i dont go later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great running ILOVERED! Keep up the good work :)

7.14k - had planned 5k, Misjudged distance from home.

Wasnt as enjoyable as last one, it was so cold my bottom half felt a bit numb.
    Breathing and legs were fine so a not so bad run all in all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done on starting a log and seems like you are making good progress. Best of luck with the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your log. I have just rejoined a gym and my goal is simple ...... Run 5k. That's what I want to achieve. I am a long way from that right now. Doing c25k on treadmill and some toning. Your log is giving me a boost and fair play to you for your achievements so far!!!

• Advertisement

ILOVERED wrote: »
    7.14k - had planned 5k, Misjudged distance from home.

Wasnt as enjoyable as last one, it was so cold my bottom half felt a bit numb.
    Breathing and legs were fine so a not so bad run all in all.

Well done that's great. Its bloody cold out there alright, need to get yourself some running tights!

Thanks everyone!

CeNedra wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your log. I have just rejoined a gym and my goal is simple ...... Run 5k. That's what I want to achieve. I am a long way from that right now. Doing c25k on treadmill and some toning. Your log is giving me a boost and fair play to you for your achievements so far!!!

CeNedra, delighted to hear this!, you'll do the C25k no prob, we'll get each other there! I found some of the podcasts great to listen too, and should try to do a few intervals outside if you can.

I will Maria74! I know just the place lol

I find everything hard in the morning so my run today wasnt any different!
    5.3k this morn, and it was tough. It was freezing this morn and the roads/paths were icy even took a little slip but saved myself

Had to walk after 1k for about 30 secs then again at 2k, turned on my heels at 3k to return home! last 2.3k was grand so annoyed that I returned home.

I'm much better in the evening, how can 8 and 7k runs be easier then a 5k run? Is is because I havent drank as much water before?

How will I cope with the 10k next sat when it starts so early! :confused:

But on a positive note I ran a bit faster this morn ( big surprise),I've ran 20k this week, my baby is 9 months old today! and its 6 months since I start improving my fitness! So wont let today get me down!

Have a nice weekend!

Great one hr class: Legs, arms,core work and sprints.

Missed a week and had forgotten how good Bootcamp is, I love it!

Legs will be sore tomorrow but could notice an improvement on the sprints.:D

12th Jan 2011

One hour Bootcamp, enjoyed this class, sweat buckets.
    Tender legs from Monday nights class.

13th Jan 2011

4.65k - 34 mins. Disappointed thought I had done the 5k. Never the less happy with the time. Tried to not look at Garmin, it kind of distracts me!!

Legs felt heavy and sore after bootcamp. Breathing was fine.

Hoping will be ok for sat. Nervous at weather forecast to be wind and rain!

Ah sure it will be a day out! :D

Seen a speedy little woman running this evening!! I'm sure she prob laughed at me

Done Aware 10K today and am delighted with myself!

Wind, rain and hills were tough! but got to the finish line in 1 hr 17 mins. As already said am delighted with myself!! :D

Well done everyone who do it!! It was tough!

SO......whats next????;)

maria74 wrote: »
    SO......whats next????;)

I'm gonna make a plan this week!! :D ( no marathon tho!)

Want to go out the next few weeks and run just to enjoy it and not feel any pressure to reach a distance or time.

dying to get out now!

1Hr bootcamp class.
    Arm's, core and sprints. Good enjoyable class, didnt really break a sweat but its one of those where I'll be sore tomorrow!

Looking forward to a run tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 19th Jan 2011

Serious lack of running this week for a running log!! :rolleyes:

1 Hr bootcamp - another good class, lucky concentrated on running tonight, done about 15 *100m sprints (Good for working on my 'speed') with alternating reps of arm and core work.

Might not get a run till the weekend!:mad:

Thinking of doing Raheny 5, next week!

Advertisement