Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    ILOVERED wrote: »
    Wednesday 19th Jan 2011

Thinking of doing Raheny 5, next week!

DO IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

1 Hr bootcamp class.

Not sure what we worked on but could feel the legs sore from Wednesday night class. Burpies, Lungies, strenght.

Deffo running (far) tomorrow! far away from some ironing! :D

Finally got out for a run this week, could feel it was a week since last run.

8.7k in 1hr and 7mins. Only plan I had when I left the house was to run off a thundering bad mood.

Change of location; done the world of good.
    Ran at a slower pace. First K was horrible cursed everything, wondered how I ran 10k last week. But then found a nice even slower pace and kept going.

Enjoyed this run felt no pressure and got rid of bad mood!.

Deffo more running next week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Love how a run will get rid of a bad mood and stress too:)

[HTML][/HTML]
    Bally8 wrote: »
    Love how a run will get rid of a bad mood and stress too:)

Is definatly best way to get rid of stress. Well done on the run.

• Advertisement

Meant to ask if anyone can help me with this?

I seem to have hurt my foot, it was sore the day after 10k Aware run was ok then until Wednesday, I used tiger balm on it and it was grand, till yesterday. It starts hurting after 8k so stopped then at 8.7k.

It hurts in a strange spot, the outside of my left foot, right around the area in front of my heel and under my sole?? Doesn’t hurt if I move my foot around, but if I put the ball of my foot on the ground and twist my foot is really sore.

Tried Tiger Balm, ice pack and hot pack??

Anyone know what it is, or what I can do?
    Really don’t want to stop running or exercising.

1 Hr Bootcamp.

Kettlebells and bodyweight reps.

Foot hurt alot!

Am pretty mad!:mad:
    Understand now when DH comes home from football training injured and freaked.
    Must remember not to give out the next time lol!

Run planned tomorrow, not sure I'll make it!

Just went out to test my foot, and had limited time.

3.2k - 25 mins

Foot seems to be ok, will continue to take it easy.
    Bootcamp tomorrow night and maybe 5k on sat.

It was so cold out, I still havent got warm!

1 Hr Bootcamp Class.

Running and power techniques, stretching and cardio.

didnt break much of a sweat but still a good class :p

Busy weekend, so will try for a run on Sunday morning.

Didnt get a run this weekend, Quality time at home was needed. Struggling to get runs in around family life and full time job.

Sunday 30th Jan 2011

1 hr Crosstrainer - was feeling guilty not getting any run done. Felt good after but was awake for the night!

Monday 31st Jan 2011

1 Hr Bootcamp class,
    Body weight class. Sweat buckets!

Home early this evening so have a run planned in!

• Advertisement

4.12K - 30 MINS

Went with a plan of 3k and pushed myself on to 4. Tried for some speed!!!:eek:.
    Thought I was running at a much faster speed!:rolleyes:
    Done 3k in 22 mins so 3 mins better then last 3k pace. last k dragged myself home.

Enjoyed this run, wishing for some brighter evenings so not to be as restricted with routes and time!

Bootcamp tomorrow night.
    REST!! on Thurs and deffo long run on sat morning before DH goes off to football for the day! :p

Friday 4th Feb 2011

1 hr Bootcamp class: Strenght and Cardio.

Sunday 6th Feb 2011
    Turning into a boring moan, went out raring to go this evening, it was such a nice evening and was itching all day to go. Got 3k in 22mins and had to stop just after that, have a sore hip but ran through it, but got a shooting pain down my leg into my foot! now I'm a cripple! :confused: I think speed is my enemy!

Will have to go to physio, have a fear of the physio! only ever went when pregnant for SPD and am so afraid I'm gonna go and he/she will say I to stop exercising! :eek:

Will see what tomorrow brings!

Have had two physio appointments now and hip/back/pelvis seems to be alot better. Gonna chance a run/walk this evening.

Need to get out and do something! been around the house too much! even cleaned out presses last night out of boredom!

Actually feel alot better then have in a long long time! alot loser! so maybe I'll be faster now the physio worked some magic!:p

New 'fast' runners ordered too!

Watch this space!:cool:

1 hr Bootcamp class -

Had to opt out of high impact reps but down lots of step ups,shuttles cardio type stuff ( I think) core and strenght.

Great to get back, had missed it this week

Hip seems fine, still strange sensation in leg but all good.

Some running on Sunday hopefully.

7k - 55 mins

Hip/Leg/Back felt good. I could feel it but it wasnt hurting if that makes sense. Think my new runners helped my hip not to hurt.

Started off a bit to 'fast' for first 2k so slowed it down even more. Felt good then and managed 5k while thinking I'm really crap at this!! :rolleyes: what am I doing, so said I'd continue running till I got to the coffee shop to get myself a nice coffee for drive home; and again just like magic I found my flow, ran by the coffee shop and got 2k more in. So went home delighted with myself and thinking I was fantastic! minus the coffee!
    Still very slow but I really am not all that bothered about it! coz in my head I ran solid for 55 mins and for 7k! I'd beat last years me in a race!:D

[HTML][/HTML]
    ILOVERED wrote: »
    7k - 55 mins
    coz in my head I ran solid for 55 mins and for 7k! I'd beat last years me in a race!:D

Great philosophy! Love it.

Onwards now and imagine what next year can bring!

Hopefully next year will beat this years me!:D

5.2k - 39 mins

So its slower I'm getting!! :eek: but I enjoyed the run, again tried to push myself. Got a max speed of 8.2mins/mile but it didnt last for long.

What should I do to increase my speed? Is there a speed plan???
    I think I'm in a comfort zone, not pushing myself! and I want to push myself! I need to run more! I think that would help, avg of 2 runs a week isnt really going to do anything for me is it?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Is it shorter races you are more focused on, like 5ks? I prefer the longer races, 10miles plus, so I'm not too bothered about speed, it's more the stamina to keep on going.

Some of the other guys will advise better on speedwork and interval training. Well done on the log and your progress. Are you following a training programme. They are great! I did Hal Higdon for DCM last year.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Is it shorter races you are more focused on, like 5ks? I prefer the longer races, 10miles plus, so I'm not too bothered about speed, it's more the stamina to keep on going.

Some of the other guys will advise better on speedwork and interval training. Well done on the log and your progress. Are you following a training programme. They are great! I did Hal Higdon for DCM last year.

jcsmum - I'm not following a plan, I kind of run around a bit randomly. Its not always easy for me to get out so I'm running about twice a week along with boot camp classes. Its started out just as something to do and for weight loss after having 2nd baby in prep for being bridesmaid, but I love it now.

I done the Aware 10k and plan on doing the great Ireland run and mini marathon both 10k. Doing OT 5k this sat.:p

Its just that I feel I'm not pushing myself, my breathing and legs are fine on the runs, first 3k is always a struggle but its just in my head that I think I cant go any faster and not my body telling me. So this is why I feel like I should be going faster, when I do run faster I feel it in my legs then get scared and slow back down to comfort zone! . When I came back last night I was sweating but I wasn’t wrecked!
    My runs are avg 12min/miles! Sometimes a little less when I started I was a little bit faster.
    I dont want to be super fast but I would like to be at least avarage.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The more you run, the faster you'll get, for the first 12-18 months at least. You could try running a little faster once a week, and keeping that faster pace up all through the run. You could also do strides in one run per week. But mainly just keep running!

Thanks RayCun, I'm going to try this tomorrow night.

! hr Bootcamp: Not sure what it consisted of: We played games! kind od pace and strenght.

Run tomorrow evening hopefully , focusing on SPEED!! :eek: 2 miles and I'm going to try do it in 20 mins!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

I hadn't read through your log in a few days- reading it always makes me want to go for a run because you always sound so positive!
    Good luck with the speed bit it'll be no bother to you.

Sat 19th Feb 2011

Done the Operation Transformation 5k run this morning in the park and loved it. The atmosphere was great and I didn’t have the awful feeling of being inadequate like at the Aware 10k. Pushed myself to get under the 40 mins and I got 37.01, delighted with that. Mostly ran faster to avoid the cameras!

It was such a lovely morning and everyone around was having a great time. It was brilliant to see all shapes, sizes, fitness level running beside each other and incouraging everyone else. Was delighted seeing Kathryn Thomas and all the leaders too!!
    Delighted to see they all done and celebrating too!

Took advantage of being in the park and added on another 3k with a friend before going home. Enjoyed this, Go us!

5k - 42 mins.

Ran with a friend last night, enjoyed this. It had loads of plus's
    1:Took mind of doing the distance because we were talking (yes talking while running :p PRO'S!!)
    2: also broke a personal record of only checking the garmin about 3 times!
    3: we went out in the rain. If going on my own prob would have skipped it.

4: Dont usually get a 5k done during the week so was good to get it under the belt. Running with someone else ment could go later when babies in bed so time wasnt an issue.

Bootcamp tonight and possible snooze before it! ;)

3.3k - 25 mins

Have no mojo this week! Dragged myself out for a short run,.
    Lovely dry evening, no jacket needed!
    Hopefully spring will be here soon

6.7k - 54 mins

Met a friend this morn and headed off together. Was a bit pushed for time as DH had to head to work. Nice run and delighted to get it over with for the weekend.

Only 11.30 and have the house work done, dinner preped! kids washed and dressed! Been a busy morning.

AND its FAB out! :)

1hr Bootcamp

Cardio, Kettlebells and Core.

Enjoyed this class, had a week off last week, good to get back.

Funny how when I do classes like this I think ah god I have no upperarm strenght! then I do cardio stuff and I think ah god I have no leg strenght! :eek: Making excuses now thats what I'm good at! :D

Run tomorrow evening hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I love this log, makes me smile:).

• Advertisement

1st March 2011 -Tuesday

3.2k - 25 mins.

Lovely run, only 3k but it took alot of effort to get out. Went with firend again which I'm enjoying. Makes it not seem like such an effort.

2nd March 2011 - Wednesday

1hr Bootcamp class.

Advertisement