Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

6 miles approx - 1hr 10 mins approx

Had a lovely run on sat morning, nice and early! Never thought I'd be someone that would be up and out for a run by the sea at 9 oclock in the morning on a saturday!
    Went with a friend again which is great it has taken the core out of getting out and doing it! After it was the first time I have thought I could prob run more then 6 miles. So its something for me to think about!

Fog was bad on sat morning and I could feel it on my chest, also tummy was dodgy! (TMI) lucky there is clean toilets in Skerries!

Its been a bad week, only got to one bootcamp on Wednesday, pure cardio tough class but felt good.

Today: 5k - 36 mins.:eek:

Was tough run today, a week off didnt help and I missed my running partner. It was strange had to stop listening to my music coz I couldnt concentrate for some reason.

I wanted to try for some speed AGAIN! but I was pretty happy I bet my OT 5k 37 mins, nearly killed me too felt sick afterwards!

Funny how with running that when I even slightly start to think I'm getting anyway good at it! along comes that run that knocks me right back down to were I belong! at the start! :rolleyes:

It was a lovely evening so was good to get out, have a short week in work this week so hoping to catch up.

17th Feb 2011

7.6k on St Patricks day, was another lovely run by the coast and had my running partner was back!

18th Feb 2011

Tough Bootcamp class, 1hr. :eek:
    Cardio and conditioning class.

Two days later and my bum and legs feel like I'll never run again! Struggled to looked after my children today coz I was so stiff!!

See home tomorrow class will go! :pac:

Have signed up for the Spar 10k in April , looking forward to that! Kind of thinking it cant actually get any worse then what the Aware 10k was!!

1 hour Bootcamp class.

Fantastic class last night,
    Done circuits of bodyweights, cardio and running techniques.
    We got to do stuff outside aswell so that was great.

Such a lovely day! itching to get out of my chair and go for a run!
    Wont get one tonight tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

ILOVERED wrote: »

Have signed up for the Spar 10k in April , looking forward to that! Kind of thinking it cant actually get any worse then what the Aware 10k was!!

Excellent well done on signing up and best of luck with the next few weeks training for it, you'll do great.

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Excellent well done on signing up and best of luck with the next few weeks training for it, you'll do great.

Thanks Shazkea, need to battle some hills! hopefully weather will stay as it is and can get some training in!

1 Hour Bootcamp class

Hard class tonight, have been missing loads and havent ran since St Patricks day! :mad:

Class of core, leg and strenght.
    Be sore tomorrow!

Hoping for a run tomorrow and thurs, Bootcamp on friday.

Not long to GIR, I wont be breaking any records! or maybe I will but not a good one!:p

8K - 1 hr.
    My first run since St Patricks!! things been hectic, how do you all work your running around working and kids??

First 3k was hard, enjoyed the next 5.

Bootcamp tomorrow night and a early run on sat planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

how do you all work your running around working and kids??

...with careful planning! :D

Lunchtimes are great (if you can 'work' it :rolleyes:)
    Or run while they're doing their thing (sports, dancing, etc)
    Or just go once they're in bed (evenings or mornings - but I could never manage mornings myself :o)

Failing that, just wait until they're older and can mind themselves? :p

Emer911 wrote: »
    ...with careful planning! :D

Lunchtimes are great (if you can 'work' it :rolleyes:)
    Or run while they're doing their thing (sports, dancing, etc)
    Or just go once they're in bed (evenings or mornings - but I could never manage mornings myself :o)

Failing that, just wait until they're older and can mind themselves? :p

They are still pretty young one nearly 4 and the other is 1 next week, so a bit too young for activities at the moment.

Hoping to get more in with the bright evenings but then feel guilty that dont do something with them!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

feel guilty that dont do something with them!!:rolleyes:

I tell mine...a happy parent is a better parent :)

9.3k this morn.
    Was such a lovely morning but a tough run. A few hills thrown in and a mini break down at about 5k mid hill with chat of the GIR!!:eek:

Pulled my self together after pep-talk from running pal and enjoyed second half of the run.

A few shorts runs and a bootcamp planned for nxt week, dont want to over do it for Sunday! :confused: (as if)

Happy Mothers day for all the mammy's tomorrow! great to have the run over so will enjoy lie-in tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Happy Mothers day for all the mammy's tomorrow! great to have the run over so will enjoy lie-in tomorrow!

I'm treating myself to a nice 5k race for mothers day :o:D Enjoy your lie in!

3k - 21 mins
    Just a short run tonight so another day didnt go by without a run.
    Was a little nervous as it was after 9 when I got out so kept to the housing estates mostly.

Good to get it done.

Sunday is getting nearer! talking to loads of people who are doing it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Best of luck at the weekend. Relax, enjoy, smile for the cameras :D

Cameras ?? oh no! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Best of luck sunday. enjoy yourself.

Ok so I have decided to stop sulking and come back to my log after the Great Ireland run!!

was very disappointed after coming in just under 1.21 mins!
    When I said a few times it couldnt be worse then Aware 10k I was wrong! My finishing time was 5 mins slower then that even tho on this run I felt alot better then in Jan.

First 2k were so hard for me!!!!!!, legs were so tight, stopped at 1.5k, actually didnt think I could go on but did, but l loosened out found the next 5 - 6k lovely, the area was shaded so this was nice, felt good, pace was comfortable. Was estimating a nice finishing time (for me) of under 1.15 (would have be delighted with this). I thought if I was feeling so good for these few k's I'd be able to push it for the last 2k! Hills, Sun and lack of water dont help me! Not in my training plan! lol:pac:

I knew the course was hard after doing it in Jan but thought considering the weather conditions then that I would do better this time around or at least the same, but I was wrong BIG Hills in the rain are still the same BIG hills in the sun ( who would have thought there was going to be a heat wave!)

But I'm going to truck on blaming everything from the sun, lack of water, been up to early and not eating enough and not blaming me or my running!!

Should I have pushed myslef more when I felt I was running comfortable???

Hoping to train a little more and push myself a little more.
    Keep thinking that this week just gone last year I was in Holles St after having my second baby and if someone had told me then that I would run the GIR next year, firstly I'd would ask what the hell is that and secondly I'd say they must have got the drugs i didnt get!, so not to bad that 1 year on from having a baby and 8 months on from starting to run I completled it and didnt give up! (This is my littke peep talk to me)

All in all it was a good day out!! Hope you all enjoyed it too.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ilovered. a great log to read. You are doing great. Put the GIR behind you i have. I am using the same reasons ;) not excuses as you. It was hot hot hot. Freakishly hot, i ahd factor 50 on AND got burnt. I will be reading your log with interest. keep up the good work. And i usually greet my fellow runners when i am out so hello to the loon who is smiling at everyone around skerries/balbriggan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have not heard a single report [on here or verbal] of someone who were happy with their run on Sunday, all the time you guys were on the start line in the blazing sun would take it out of anyone!

You have done really well, keep it up :)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone! Sunday is behind me now.

1 Hr Bootcamp tonight. Fantastic class, again great to be outside.

Sprints, stretching and Kettlebells too.

Wrecked after it but hoping the sprint work is going to help me!

Another great Bootcamp class, more leg work and running.

No run all week, little fella has the chicken pox's but all calmed down now so will deffo out for one tomorrow morning.

Just signed up for the mini marathon, some thing to work towards.

DH is talking about doing the marathon and I have made lose plans to maybe signing up for the race series??:eek: prob a bit mad:eek:, but have decided I want to continue running and hopefully get good at it. Loads of people are doing it now and doing good so dont see why I cant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done on signing up for the mini-marathon and the race series would be a good goal for you. With a good plan and training, you should be well able for it. Hill training would help too :D...know anywhere local!!!

6k today and what a lovely day for it!

We worked on our speed and done pretty good, 3k in 20 mins followed by another enjoyable easy 3k, 45 mins in total. Not as long as usual but speed instead of distance for the next few weeks getting us up to the mini marathon.

Feel great after today!!

Plan in place now, good to have some direction (thanks to my running pal!)

Happy out! :)

Monday night at bootcamp, an hour of running, squating and crawlling around a fooball pitch. Have the love back! its the being outside you just cant beat it!

Worked a bit of everything!! Still feeling the pain from Friday!

Also had to listen to rubbish! ever wish that some people would just shut up and get on with the work out! or dont bother coming down! :P

Run tomorrow night.

Have a busy weekend ahead, so fit what I can in this week

Tuesday 19th April 2011

Speed : rapidity in moving, going, traveling, proceeding, or performing; swiftness; celerity: :P

Our first Speed/sprint session.

Kind of lost count of how many laps we done.
    Started with slow lap, then worked up the speed for alternative shorter laps (if that makes sense)

Total distance of 3.3k, avg pace of 9.35m/m with a best pace of 6.16 m/m!. Total time 20 mins

Dont know if this was right or wrong, but enjoyed it and felt great after!

Rest tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

well done on the speed session. Its strange how you feel after it alright.you think you should hate it but in fact you enjoy it.... :D hills next?????;)

Lovely morning this morning for running, wasnt too hot wasnt too cold!

6.5k along the coast in Skerries in 42 mins, planned 5k but the the first 1.5k was pretty bad so done the last 1.5k when was feeling good.

Right leg acting up a bit from hip to ankle but losened out after a while.
    Legs have been a little bit tight at the beginning of the last few runs.

Rest tomorrow and Bootcamp on Monday.
    Week off work so hoping to get loads of running in, determined to get a good time in the next 10k, coz to be honest I havent planned ro trained proper for either of the 10k I done so this has got to help!

Happy Easter everyone!

Monday night bootcamp.

Done everything a little half hearted, could have done more.

Circuits of jogs (should of been sprints), press-up, squats and body rocks.

Will try harder on Wednesday! ;)

• Advertisement

3.3k - just under 21 mins, repeated our speed intervals.

Had an avg speed of 10.16 m/m with best pace of 6.08.

Enjoyed this again, not a hige distance with short laps but its enjoyable and a work in progress.

Run scheduled for tomorrow.
    Of work for the week but baby has chicken pox! so am house bound with cabin fever!

Advertisement