Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Fantastic morning for a run, 3.7 miles,
    Enjoyed it alot, thought was running at a fairly good speed but garmin says other wise. :rolleyes:

It was on sand which meant my leg didnt hurt.

Last k was the hardest usually it was its the first. Still really enjoyed the run with no stopping. in the wise words of Oso its all part of the plan! ;)

Even managed to get some sunburn!

1 hr Bootcamp class.

Leg, strenght and core work with running techniques.

small class so was a bit intense, but enjoyed it and gave it more effort, thought I would have been sore today, maybe tomorrow!

Run tomorrow

2.5miles this morning, bit of a stuggle but happy to get it done and ran at a faster pace then Thursday (maybe why it was a struggle! :p)

Stayed local and got some inclines in! lovely running weather.

Happy out with my weeks activities!

2 miles - just over 18 mins.

1st mile @ 9.50 m/m and no stopping - actually got a pain in my chest!

2nd mile of interval laps (with stopping), 3 x 230m of sprints and 2X 310m of slower running (or something like that!) still dont use Garmin to full potential.

whole session had avg moving pace of 9.38 min/mile with a best pace of 5.17!:eek: (wind was behind me!)

Distance prob doesnt sound like much to most you, but still feel good (after the pain in my chest went! lol)

Bootcamp tomorrow night.

1 hr Bootcamp class.

Circuits: weight class , mostly upperbody work.

Finished class with 6 sprints, 6 jogs.

• Advertisement

1 hour Bootcamp:

Great class last night, sweat buckets.

Upper and Lower body weight work.

Was sore from Wednesday night class but think it helped me lossen out. See what tomorrow brings tho!.

LSR planned in the park tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
    :D

7 miles in the park today and still beaming from it.

We took away the pressure of not stopping and it all seemed so much easier. They fact we knew it was ok to stop meant we didnt actually have to stop! if you know what I mean. some little short breaks but nothing major.

Felt great thru it and prob could have done more.
    I think the work we have done recently has ment improvement even tho we didnt think it.

We were proper newbies in the park! scoping out a no hill route ( not really possible! in the park). Spotting Boards Ac tees on people and wondering who was who! Even Ray Darcy running as superman!

So we have the fun back in run and cant wait for the next!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

ILOVERED wrote: »
    7 miles in the park today and still beaming from it.

We took away the pressure of not stopping and it all seemed so much easier. They fact we knew it was ok to stop meant we didnt actually have to stop! if you know what I mean. some little short breaks but nothing major.

Felt great thru it and prob could have done more.
    I think the work we have done recently has ment improvement even tho we didnt think it.

We were proper newbies in the park! scoping out a no hill route ( not really possible! in the park). Spotting Boards Ac tees on people and wondering who was who! Even Ray Darcy running as superman!

So we have the fun back in run and cant wait for the next!:D

Well done ladies.... you will be ready for Ardgillian in no time so :D

Rested the last two days after run on Sunday my knee and hamstring had been quite sore, knee had bruise even though there was no impact or fall on it. Was fine during the run but as soon as I stopped and was standing for a few mins it ceased up. Rested it and iced seems looser now.
    ANyone know what this is? Would it be coz 7 miles is the longest I have run yet and have only been doing short runs the last few weeks?

Anyway tough 1 hour bootcamp tonight, no running or cardio work just core, abs and leg work. No real sweat broken but its those classes that mean I wont be able to move tomorrow!

Looking forward to a run tomorrow hopefully depends on DH's work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hope the knee is better ilovered. What a weird injury to have brusing with no impact.

• Advertisement

Friday 13th April 2011

1 hr Bootcamp class.
    Abs, legs and sprints ( so got a little running in):D

Sunday 15th April 2011

Got 5k (38 min) in tonight @ 9oclock (surprisingly nice night out threre!) after a busy week and hectic day. Knew if I didnt get out tonight it would be Tuesday before I did.
    Hard first 2k but then found a nice pace and finished a lovely.

1 hour Bootcamp.

20+ mins of Conditioning Circuits of Weights, squats and Burpee's followed by sprints.

10+ mins of Abs.

5 mins of 200m sprints

10 mins of stretching

Love this type of class, kept going the whole time.:D

To night was a no batteries included session :D neither of us had our Garmins working so going on previous sessions. Felt like a good speed at time!

Guessing it was the usually 2 mile sprint session.

Actaully fun and good to get out.

My birthday today but I ignored the choc in the fridge and went out with Maria. sO DEFFO EXTRA BROWNIE POINTS

My birthday today but I ignored the choc in the fridge and went out with Maria. sO DEFFO EXTRA BROWNIE POINTS

happy birthday. I would never ignore chocolate so well done on that front too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]

I ate all mine when I came home...was starving!!
    Good run tonight:)

Friday 20th May 2011

1 Hr Bootcamp : :confused: Cant actually remember, Leg work, sprints and abs.

Sunday 22nd May 2011

Battled with my lazy self at several stages today to get out for a run. eventually did after the kids were bathed and put to bed.

Down loaded a new 40 min podcast and headed out.

Done just under 6k, glad now I went out. But be awake all night!

Bootcamp tomorrow night

1 Hour Bootcamp class:

Cardio and Abs. Will be sore tomorrow.

Its windy out there!!

Run tomorrow

1 hour Bootcamp class

Wednesday night is becoming my fav bootcamp class, conditioning circuits including sprints.

bearcrawls with restraints, med ball work, rowing,weights and bodyweights circuits followed by sprints.

Feel great after it considering I nearly made a bed under my desk a couple of times today!

Running tomorrow, wimped out of yesterday:p

Found this from previous mini 'marathon'
    Chances of beating my 1.21 from GIR are very slim!
    At least it wont be my fault this time:D
    http://www.florawomensminimarathon.ie/photo_gallery/2010/slides/1C6I3971.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You might surprise yourself with how you get on! Women's Mini-Marathon isn't a PB race unless you're starting very close to the front though.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, should be a good day out anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Found this from previous mini 'marathon'
    Chances of beating my 1.21 from GIR are very slim!
    At least it wont be my fault this time:D
    http://www.florawomensminimarathon.ie/photo_gallery/2010/slides/1C6I3971.html

Yip, as Rainbow Kirby said, with the crowds invloved, this is never really a PB race. But it's a great day out! Take a friend and enjoy the run. There's LOADS of other 10k's to use to target the PB.
    Enjoy! :D

yeh doing it with a friend so will be great.

Searching for some nice 10k's. a bit traumatised after Aware and GIR!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

yeh doing it with a friend so will be great.

Searching for some nice 10k's. a bit traumatised after Aware and GIR!

Dunshaughlin, June 25 :)

Dunshaughlin, June 25 :)

Will check it out:)

No running :o but another Bootcamp :D just loving it at the moment,

1 hour class of leg strenght workout, endurance type reps.
    Could feel fitness back a bit tonight.

No running this week but these classes are helping and they have combined so sprint work so have given up totally!

Will run this week maybe even twice.

No running :o but another Bootcamp :D just loving it at the moment,

1 hour class of leg strenght workout, endurance type reps.
    Could feel fitness back a bit tonight..

Was that done on the beach in balbriggan tonight??

Not right on the beach but just outside the football club house beside the beach.

Its brillant, its on 3 nights a week. If your looking for something different to do

Not right on the beach but just outside the football club house beside the beach.

Its brillant, its on 3 nights a week. If your looking for something different to do

must be two on the go so. There was one on the main beach this evening about 7 ish. Mite join up to one when the winter months come in. Thats when i need the motivation of a bootcamp.

• Advertisement

Really, didnt see it, mine was on the 7 too.

Look it up Balbriggan Bootcamp is the name, its the best one:D

Although is better during the summer coz a bit restricted when indoors.
    Feel I lost a bit fitness when it was indoors.

Advertisement