Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

ILOVERED wrote: »
    Really, didnt see it, mine was on the 7 too.

Look it up Balbriggan Bootcamp is the name, its the best one:D

Although is better during the summer coz a bit restricted when indoors.
    Feel I lost a bit fitness when it was indoors.

Ah i know the one you are talking about. Its a different one alright. The one that i know of is outdoors all year around, rain hail, or snow as it was this year. The guys who do it do ironmen competitions :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Nules10 wrote: »
    Ah i know the one you are talking about. Its a different one alright. The one that i know of is outdoors all year around, rain hail, or snow as it was this year. The guys who do it do ironmen competitions :eek:

Rain is fine! Snow NOOO

Saturday 28th May 2011

6K run tonight and I really enjoyed it.
    Was it the week break or was it 3 Bootcamps this week that help??

Either way I'll take it.
    Have the love back (for tonight :p) you know that feeling where you think you are just FANTASTIC and you say to yourself I can do this and I am going to run every single day forever:D:D! lol Thats the reason for running!!

Note to self: Read this entry after the next bad run! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Its a pity you cant bottle that feeling. Isnt it amazing when you have run like that? Love it

Bally8 wrote: »
    Its a pity you cant bottle that feeling. Isnt it amazing when you have run like that? Love it

Yep pity every run wasnt the same

• Advertisement

1 Hr Bootcamp tonight,:D

Great class- we used a deck of cards, each suit referred to a different exercise, each exercise was followed by 200 meter (not very good a judging distance) sprint ( really only a jog)

So we had rounds of power press-up, crab-crawls across a pitch and back, weights and swings. Good class.

Have signed up for a month of 3 classes a week. :eek:

Run tomorrow!! Mini marathon on monday! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Saturday 28th May 2011

6K run tonight and I really enjoyed it.
    Was it the week break or was it 3 Bootcamps this week that help??

Either way I'll take it.
    Have the love back (for tonight :p) you know that feeling where you think you are just FANTASTIC and you say to yourself I can do this and I am going to run every single day forever:D:D! lol Thats the reason for running!!

Note to self: Read this entry after the next bad run! ;)

Love it...welcome back :)

Thanks Shaz!

3.9k - 26 mins

I was given a 30 min time allowance from DH when I came home from work coz he had to head off. So was better then nothing.

Headed out and ended up losing some time waiting for Garmin to find dame satalites.

Enjoyed this run again. woohoo

Anyone know much about the Clontarf 5 mile? Its a new race I believe, just wondering anyone know what distance do you run on the beach?

Havent had a chance to log.

Bootcamp on Wednesday night, cant actually remember what it was made up of! running anyway.

No run since Tuesday, had serious restless legs tonight after four days of nothing so I went out for a walk, done 5k. Knew it would be silly to run and every few mins I want to break into a run,

Looking forward to tomorrow, no pressure :rolleyes: except the pressure I put myself under! lol

• Advertisement

Mini Marathon today ( will I get shot for calling it marathon lol)

Had a great day today, finished 1 hour and 14 mins which I am delighted with.
    It was a lovely day for it, not too warm and not too cold and there was plenty of water.

Course was great, a few rough points at 3k, 7k and 9k but pulled thru! :D

Not a huge achievement for most you on here but I'm coming away happy from this (no matter what anyone says!)

Keep pushing thru now and next year will be even better:P

:D
    Not a huge achievement for most you on here but I'm coming away happy from this (no matter what anyone says!)

I often feel like this when I finish a race but try not to compare yourself to everyone else on here.Just enjoy their support:) You did brilliantly yesterday. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Well done Ilovered you did great. And a great time too u enjoyed it and that's all that matters. Well done again :)

Thanks girls.

I am delighted with my time! sorry if it didnt come across that way! :rolleyes:
    I knocked 3 mins off my Aware 10k and nearly 7 I think of the GIR time.

Happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thanks girls.

I am delighted with my time! sorry if it didnt come across that way! :rolleyes:
    I knocked 3 mins off my Aware 10k and nearly 7 I think of the GIR time.

Happy out!

Nice running ILR, great to see the progress and keep up the good work.

What's next on the target list?

shazkea wrote: »
    What's next on the target list?

Not sure yet?
    Thinking Clontarf 5 mile? but with only 450 places, been last is a good chance! lol

1 hour Bootcamp

Another great Wednesday class, conditioning, weights, core and leg work.
    Tiny bit of sprints.

Was so tired and legs hurt so bad at beginning of class, but it was just what the doctor ordered, legs loosened out by end of class. Still a bit sore today you swear I run a marathon on Monday :rolleyes:

Havent logged in a while: No running done so was feeling guilty logging non-running activities on a running log!! :cool:

Friday 10th June 2011

1 hour Bootcamp: cant really remember!! was a good class tho!

Monday 14th June 2011

1 hr Bootcamp, brilliant class but a little half effort from me in parts, ate dinner to near class and got a stitch. Circuits of weights and ab work with running of 150 -160 meter inbetween. about 20 circuits and 20 running intervals in total.

Tuesday 15th June 2011

5k in 35 mins tonight! , my fastest yet! was tough but enjoyable. Beginning to push through that soreness that always stops me! my breathing is fine, its just the ache in the legs! need to run more I know this! but I really dont want to give up my bootcamps!
    Anyway enjoyed tonight it was a lovely evening.

Stupid Migraine ruinned my plans for Wed and Thurs so had to get out this evening- head still pretty tender:mad:

1 hr Bootcamp class.

Loads of running tonight but enjoyed it and gave it some effort after Monday class..

Run tomorrow

Word Up: there is Gait Analysis with Asics running expert in Champion Dundrum tomorrow 12 - 5 ;)

Its WET out!!

4.4k - 32 mins:

Mid-summers day! yeh right:confused:
    Its very wet and cold out but loved this run this evening, usual first k nightmare and promise myself I'll only do 3k. Once I got to 2k I was fine, finished at 4.4k coz I was soooo wet - still not warm.

This is my last week of 3 nights of bootcamp, so I'm going to do some more running as cant afford another month of bootamp! ;)

Bootcamp tomorrow;

• Advertisement

1 hour Boot camp class

Another great Wednesday night class.

(Circuit, 160m run (appx), Circuit, 160m run, Circuit * 3)*2

Circuits were weights, restraint band squats and rowers, mountain climbers, plank twists

Enjoyed this class

Friday 24th June 2011

1 hour Bootcamp - in the lashing rain, was soaked to the skin and loved every minute of it much like Tuesdays run. Mostly running with a little upper body arm work. Think this is the weather I prefer! Have plans to get loads of running done on holidays but not too sure now! :D

Sunday 26th June 2011

8k - 1 hr flat.

Enjoyed this run this morning, got out early but it was still really warm. Warmed up watching the triathlon in Skerries. Watched as they changed over from swimming to cyling! WOW so inspiring! there was great support there to.
    Ran along some of them for the last mile or so dont know how they do it!

3.4k - 24 mins

Delighted with myself tonight, dragged myself out, electricity went just before I left so it made it a little easier. Once I got going I felt great.
    Little aim in my head is to do 1k in 7 mins flat, so tonight I got it straight for the 3k (21 mins) and done a little slower run for the .4 (3 mins).

A short distance and was wrecked but had that WOOHOO feeling after! :D

Friday 1st July
    :confused:
    One hour bootcamp - my only one this week:( first time ever I walked away from it thinking Mwh it wasnt a great class. (leg work and body weight class with a bit of running) It was very warm out but didnt think had broken a sweat! But boy was I wrong could hardly move yesterday and for best part of run today.

Sunday 3rd July
    :)

Headed to the park early with Maria74, got 8k done. Crawled, dragged and limped our way around the first 3k or so until loosened out . Got easier and found a stride for the next 5k. Time was limited so we finished at that. Would have loved to gone more! Hopefully get there next weekend????

Bootcamp was cancelled this evening coz of a bit of rain! :mad: wasnt even raining when it was time for it!

So seen as I was dressed for the occasion I headed out for a run, a bit crappy all the way through. Got 4k done at avg pace of 8.5k so pretty happy with that for me.

Bootcamp is on tomorrow night now instead.

1 Hr Bootcamp

Great class tonight, pure cardio and endurance. Sweat loads and felt sick during it!! gotta love it! :D
    Loads of Running,burpee,rows squats and finished with sprinting.

Love it and doing it all again tomorrow.

DH is doing the HH Novice 1 Marathon plan at the moment. He is enjoying it so hopefully will get there uninjuried.

Weekend running will be rushed this weekend, but will deffo do it.

1 Hr Bootcamp

Another legs class, again mostly running. Running in all directions and different speeds (kind of)

Rest tomorrow and some kind of run at some stage sunday!

8k - 1hr :D

Had semi-single parent weekend this weekend lol, so tonight as soon as bath and bed-time was finished I headed out just to get out! Turned out to be a great run, everything felt good. Only one stop needed and that was to take top layer off. Threw in two inclines which I tend to stay clear off. Still felt good after these so just kept running. I didnt bring my water bottle and I think this actually helped had nothing annoying me!! :rolleyes:

It was super slow in stages but still feel really good after it!

Sounds great!

• Advertisement

4.5k - 30 mins

Not as comfortable run tonight but still enjoyable, ran faster then Sunday and could feel it on the legs, 2 little stops to undress and stretch. Right leg tight tonight and a little bit numb still :confused:

Bootcamp tomorrow night hopefully.

Advertisement