Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

ILOVERED wrote: »
    4.5k - 30 mins

Not as comfortable run tonight but still enjoyable, ran faster then Sunday and could feel it on the legs, 2 little stops to undress and stretch. Right leg tight tonight and a little bit numb still :confused:

Bootcamp tomorrow night hopefully.

undressing during a run?! Where were you running?:p ...and with whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

:o Prob should have read that first before posting!!

1 hr Bootcamp

Cardio, leg work blah blah blah.

Friday 15th July 2011

Its warm out tonight!! 5.3k and I was sweating!!

Good luck to everyone doing the 5 mile tomorrow

:mad:
    I have hurt my lower back/pelvis so have not ran since last friday or done any bootcamp and will be resting for at least another week!

Pain is effecting my right leg too, so annoying and dying to go for a run or bootcamp! its mad how excercise becomes like a drug! you crave it so much not just your body but your mind too!

Had physio last night so its helped a little, also told i have a very tight hamstring on the left leg so will get that sorted too!

Hopefully be back next week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Im sure you'll be back on your feet in no time! Hope you heal up soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Sucks to be injured and not being able to work out. But take your time getting back into it. Mind yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Hope you are back pounding the pavement soon Ilovered. :) Mind yourself i find chocolate helps with recovery too ;)

Thanks All! Hopefully today week!!:eek:

Nules I just stated the very same thing! but because I have been trying to be good! there is nothing in the house!! searched the cupboards made some popcorn but its not the same!! trying to put the idea of the 24 hr Tesco out of my head!!:D

Hope you all have a lovely weekend running and working out!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Ah no- hope you mend speedily, I'll miss your training log and reading up on how you're progressing, you will have to keep updating it- make things up- lol!

Thanks Madon, hopefully have something to log next week, back feeling better already, stretching is helping.

busy reading everyone elses log.

• Advertisement

So I am out for another week:( ah well it will be worth it!

Had a sports massage last night on my legs!! :eek: I am nothing joking that I actually had to use the same breathing I used for child birth!! My calves are seriously tight I am told!! Feel battered today.

Hoping to do something on Monday!

Sorry to hear that ilovered, its so frustrating being injured isnt it!!

I know Bally8, just have to ride the tide! good news for you from physio!

just hate that when I am not training I just eating :o

just hate that when I am not training I just eating :o

We could be twins!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bally8 wrote: »
    We could be twins!:D

And I'm the triplet. :pac:

We could be twins!biggrin.gif
    And I'm the triplet. :pac:

:pac::pac:

To say I am frustrated may be an understatement!

Back was feeling great so headed to bootcamp last night, it try it out. I didn’t really last past the warm-up runs!! Normal running was fine but lateral running I began to hurt. But I carried on for the first circuits (upper body work), which included intervals of running and seemed fine (bar a bit sluggish and slow fitness wise after 2 weeks of nothing). Second set of circuit’s lower body/leg work were the easier circuits but took its toll on me. Pulled out after 1 and half rounds, not happy with this. It wasn’t as sore as it has been but it hurt and it just didn’t fell right to continue I am very stubborn usually but in my head I knew I wasn’t doing good! I stretched out and chance continuing running a few widths.

Don’t know what to do now!
    Rest for another week?:( A month?? :eek:None of which I want to do.

Just gonna head off a sulk now! And figure something out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Its so frustrating for you because you are doing so well.
    Know its hard but you are doing the right thing not pushing it too hard when it gets sore.

Its just a blip (and if we have learnt anything over past year, its that everyone gets them...that and the fact that first mile is always torture!!!:D)

You will be back at it soon and we will get that magic 10! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

sorry to hear about your injury. Just mind yourself and rest until you feel 100%.

So sorry to hear that ILOVERED, so bloody frustrating. I have no wise words to offer you, just mind yourself and you WILL get back out there!

• Advertisement

Friday gone (5th) I attempted to very short run, managed 1 mile but every step hurt, I ran ridiculously slow even for me but it didn’t help. I went home and sulked my way through loads of stretches. Decided I would have to rest another few days, In the meantime I got myself sorted in work with a footstep and a Lumber support. I really feel these have helped along with continuous stretching.

Rested until Tuesday (9th) with my back feeling good, I thought I would head out and try something short and slow. So decided on 2k or 15 mins, whatever came first! And it all felt good, I could feel a presence but there was no pain.
    I wanted to do more but I am being sensible on this so stopped when I got to 2k.

Wednesday 10th Aug.

Decided to go to boot camp last night after previous night run being ok and I wasnt stiff after it.
    Again I felt good, avoided any lateral running in the warm-ups.

So 1hr classes of upper and lower body work with weights followed by some sprints.

Sunday 14th August
    5k - 35 mins

Headed out to Skerries this morning, still taking it easy :( so decided on 5k and nothing more but I wanted to push the speed because I am not doing a good distance.

Now it wasnt pretty and I would be lying if I said I didnt hold on to my car for dear life when I got back to it! In saying that when I finished I watched the start of a duathlon starting and give me a little push for doing some more! but I have one more week of taking it easy! (which I am enjoying! be better if I stopped eating tho!!:o)

p.s People who swim in the sea in Ireland are just mad! :D but fairplay to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MarySamsonite

Well done on the run Ilovered.
    Sunday 14th August
    be better if I stopped eating tho!!:o)

By the way, if you find a cure for this pleeease let me know. I'm training for a marathon but eating for an Ironman :p

well done on the run Ilovered must feel good to be back out running. People who swim in the sea in Skerries must be mad with all the jelly fish that are around :eek:

Nules10 wrote: »
    jellyfish
    My single biggest fear about open water swimming, right there :eek:

Why is it these things never bothered us as kids and we went swimming without wet suits. We spent our summers on the beach made lots of jellyfish friends :D wouldnt do it now though. Older and much more scared ;)

They bothered me when I was a kid! :eek: I remember once having to be pretty much carried off a beach in Clare because there were loads of jellyfish washed up on the shore and I was terrified...

Oh. You aint ever going to get over that so. You going to tackle a triathlon??

Nules10 wrote: »
    You going to tackle a triathlon??
    I probably will at some stage (dunno when though!). Jellyfish fear would probably rule out anything late-season with a sea swim though.

• Advertisement

Good on ya. I am sure there are areas that are worse for jelly fish than others. I know Skerries is desperate for them. Look for jelly fish free triathlons. :)

Advertisement