Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A log by me for me!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Nules10 wrote: »
    Good on ya. I am sure there are areas that are worse for jelly fish than others. I know Skerries is desperate for them. Look for jelly fish free triathlons. :)

Nules10 I didnt do the duathlon?? Not a chance in hell! Thanks tho!

Sorry just seen the other posts now!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Sorry Ilovered we kinda hijacked your log there :D sure why not do a duathlon :D. I was supposed to go over and watch it today but forgot all about it.

No prob! its good to see it get some activity seeing as I am not adding much to it!

The duathlon/triathons are great to watch! inspiring when your mid run!

You will be back posting regularly in no time. Thats a lovely run over there by the sea in skerries... when its not windy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    Nules10 wrote: »
    You will be back posting regularly in no time. Thats a lovely run over there by the sea in skerries... when its not windy :)

Yeah love running in Skerries. So many runners (and mad swimmers, even in the snow last winter!)

AMAZED though the last few days how many people out running, yesterday morning and this morning, actually thought at one stage yesterday morning there was a race on in Balbriggan around the roads that no-one had told me about :D

Great to see you are back at it now Ilovered, and even better to see you are considering a duathalon...:p I am always telling you swimming is great for all these niggles!!!!

• Advertisement

maria74 wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

Great to see you are back at it now Ilovered, and even better to see you are considering a duathalon...:p I am always telling you swimming is great for all these niggles!!!!
    Yikes what have i started :D;)

I havent been totally inactive!!

Bootcamp : Wednesday 17th Aug. 1 hr . Bear crawls, knee to elbow squats, spriniting. Could hardly move for 3 days!

Bootcamp: Friday 19th Aug, 1 hr class, Upperbody - body weight class, used other peoples body weight! was tough but great class. Followed by sprints.

Havent ran since Sunday! but have been doing loads of walking! walking Maria's dog, think he is missing her runs!!

Had sports message this evening, back muscles have totally released, they feel good. Slightly tight ITB on right leg ( release hurt!)

But I am good to go now, told I can get back running some more woohoo just need some motivation!

Loved reading all the logs of the Frank Duffy 10 miles, well done everyone! would love to do it next year!!

1 hour Bootcamp, Brilliant killer class!! just loved it, I was wrecked afterwards, deffo lost some fitness over the last few weeks, determined to get it back. It just what I needed was losing so much motivation.

Loads of running carrying a boxing bag at times! Just so tough, my group had some very good runners in it so when they werent carring the bag they were flying, so this meant I was carrying the bag and had to get up in front of them! thought I might have died at some stages but got through it. Alternative intervals of kettlebells.

Felt fantasic after the class so was bringing Maria dog for a walk, I decided to go for a run, only about 25 mins ( not sure of distance coz had no gadgets with me) guessing about 3k.

The sports messages have done wonders, dont have any niggles in legs or back, feeling good.

Planning 5k tonight. :)

Planned 5k done 6.2k. It was a very slow 48 mins.

Enjoyed this run, felt really good all the way.
    Its getting dark so early! was a little bit nervous.

Hoping for Bootcamp tomorrow night but DH might be working so will fit a run in when he gets back.

Just feel great, nothing hurting at all.:D

5k - 39 mins :o

Enjoyed this again to night, was a little tough from 2 -3k but grand otherwise, would have liked it to be faster but not to be.

Much prefer to run at night in the darl with the street lights on!

Planning:
    Monday: Bootcamp
    Tuesday: 5k
    Wednesday:Rest
    Thursday: 5k
    Friday: Bootcamp

Saturday: Holidays!!!!!!!:D:D

• Advertisement

well done Ilovered must be great to be back out running pain free.

Thanks Nules, its only now that I am running with no pain that I realise how much it did actually hurt!

Just need to watch it and it should be fine.

Sports massages help too. They are great. So when you feel pain coming on go get one. thats what i am doing. Just ease back into it.

My friend just graduated in Sports massage so she has been helping me out and me helping her to practice! its done the world of good.

aww lucky you i wish my friends had useful jobs to me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

ILOVERED wrote: »
    My friend just graduated in Sports massage so she has been helping me out and me helping her to practice! its done the world of good.

If she wants any guinea pigs you know where we are :D

1 Hr Bootcamp:

Cardio circuits, done and dusted.:D

Advertisement