Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question?

• 24-12-2010 12:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I am probably starting to get the flu, my mam and sis have it so I probably got it also. I feel kinda crappy, I spent most of today outside in -12c+ conditions without thermals or any gloves. I am usually pretty hardy so am not the type to complain about the cold as I actually feel better in it than warm weather.

I need to make a nightcap how much Whiskey should I add? I don't drink normally except for medicinal purposes. Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Just drink the whole bottle....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hot lemon, my good man if you want to head a cold off. Not sure if whisky goes with citrus, but only one way to find out...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Standard Jamesons bottle...3 capfuls=weak , 6 capfuls=strong 24 capfuls=goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Whisky and honey added to hot water is great for a cold - a dash is usually around a fingers width... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

have a good drink tonight and tomorrow eat plenty of manuka honey from evergreen, don't cheap out and buy the cheap/weaker stuff and youll be right as rain in a little over 24 hours, 1000mg vitamin c disolvable drinks will speed up recovery nicely too :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you think you're getting a cold, dose yourself up on garlic, peel about 4 cloves, set them aside for 10 minutes, then crush them all, chop the remainders of the crushed cloves into small pieces, put them in a glass, add water and knock it back. Also if you have apple cider vinegar, put some of this in too.

After that, blend together a whole lemon (de-pip it first) with maybe 7cm of ginger root in about a litre of water, blend it well. You can knock it back aswell or if you prefer, heat it a bit and add something to make it that bit nicer, manuka honey would work well for you too.

If you feel your getting a sore throat, another remedy for this is maybe 5 or so large tomatoes blended with a whole lemon, 2-3 cloves of garlic and of course, cayenne pepper, as much as you can handle, it's great for sore throats!

Do as much of that as you can tonight and you should hopefully have conquered it come morning! Choose organic where possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Man up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Just drink the whole bottle....

took the words out of my mouth, make sure its black bush op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Man up. Wee bit of cold never killed anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

took the words out of my mouth, make sure its black bush op

giggidy

pics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go back outside and run a couple of miles*, it'll do ya good!

*and do it barefoot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Man up. Wee bit of cold never killed anyone.

This is the attitude I take I even go out in t-shirts in -7c for to get stuff from the car etc. However I am getting the flu I think, bugger it I have had cold sores for the last three weeks and was dosing myself highly with Vit C and Lysine to get rid of those buggers and now this. Still 10 capfuls of Powers is infront of me cooling with a spoonful of manuka honey dissolved with some cloves and its goodnight for me. I will post back tomorrow if I am feeling any better. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

cormie wrote: »
    If you think you're getting a cold, dose yourself up on garlic, peel about 4 cloves, set them aside for 10 minutes, then crush them all, chop the remainders of the crushed cloves into small pieces, put them in a glass, add water and knock it back. Also if you have apple cider vinegar, put some of this in too.

After that, blend together a whole lemon (de-pip it first) with maybe 7cm of ginger root in about a litre of water, blend it well. You can knock it back aswell or if you prefer, heat it a bit and add something to make it that bit nicer, manuka honey would work well for you too.

If you feel your getting a sore throat, another remedy for this is maybe 5 or so large tomatoes blended with a whole lemon, 2-3 cloves of garlic and of course, cayenne pepper, as much as you can handle, it's great for sore throats!

Do as much of that as you can tonight and you should hopefully have conquered it come morning! Choose organic where possible!

I do hope the OP lives in a restaurant, might be difficult getting all that stuff at 1230 am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The flu is a virus I don't think you get it just from being really cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Juice of half a lemon in a mug with a dessertspoon of honey.

2 fingers of whiskey, in a glass with a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar, and a slice of lemon with some cloves in it.

Add 5/6 crushed cloves of garlic (raw) to warmed mashed potato. You can also chew raw cloves of garlic; they'll really clear your sinuses, but it's like fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Stinicker wrote: »
    medicinal purposes
    That's what me ma used to say. When I got into her room while she was away I found 5 wines, 2 bottles of Jeagermeister and 1 Whiskey. All was immediately disposed according to the needs of the people who attended me gaff that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    That's what me ma used to say. When I got into her room while she was away I found 5 wines, 2 bottles of Jeagermeister and 1 Whiskey. All was immediately disposed according to the needs of the people who attended me gaff that night.

Do you often sneak around your mam's room when she's away?

Did you check out the panty drawer while you were in there?

Try on her girdle?

Wear her stockings?

Have a drink, then pranced around in nothing but her best pearl necklace?

Did you?

Coz that's what I would have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Leeches. Pop a few on your face. Gets rid of the flu in days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Coz that's what I would have done.
    I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Advertisement